Chapter 24

I sighed and ran my hands through my hair again, "Well I was in the forest and I saw something drinking the unicorn's blood so I had to stay put since I didn't know if I could defeat it."

"That was smart of you. Why were you in the forest to begin with though?"

By the look on my face he must have assumed I knew I wasn't supposed to be there and had no good excuse.

"Follow me. I'm sure Headmaster Dumbledore will want to hear what you saw. We'll need to tell the other professors to stop looking."

"They were looking too? Geez how did everyone find out I was gone?" I wondered out loud.

"Yes you gave everyone quite a scare. Some students in the class you were supposed to be teaching went to Minerva and she looked in all the obvious places before going to Dumbledore. Dumbldore issued a look for you. I fear Severus Snape feels responsible somehow. He looked particularly worried; something that he almost never is."

I sighed and said, "Crap," under my breath.

I was going to get in so much trouble with my father for going out into the forest. I knew it was because of his attitude that I had went there in the first place but he was going to be mad that I went.

I followed Flitwick inside and immediately ran into McGonagall.

When she saw me she said angrily, "Where were you?"

I opened my mouth to answer when Flitwick said, "Could you tell all the professors to stop looking and come up to Headmaster's office. She only needs to repeat the story once."

She looked like she was going to argue but then gave a curt nod and disappeared in the other direction. I followed my professor to where a large eagle statue stood.

He said, "Lemon drops," and much to my surprise a large staircase came turning into view. He got on a stair and I followed him. The stairs started to move until we were standing in front of a large door. He knocked on the door and when a muffled sound came as reply he eased the door open.

I followed him in to the room where Dumbledore was standing. There was a fiery red Phoenix to one side of the room and I couldn't help but marvel at its beauty.

Dumbledore said, "Glad to see you found Miss Wallwirt. I know there must be some other reason you are here though?"

Flitwick nodded and said, "I invited all the professors up here so they should be arriving shortly. Miss Wallwirt saw something that I think everyone needs to know about. Could you ask Hagrid to come up too? He might be able to shed some light on the situation."

Dumbledore nodded and sent a patronus to fetch Hagrid. The three of us stood there in an uncomfortable silence until the door burst open and Severus walked in.

He saw me and motioned for me to follow him. Flitwick looked like he was about to object but Dumbledore motioned for him to let me go.

I followed Severus out through the door right in the landing from the staircase.

He bent down so he was looking my in the eye and said coldly, "What were you thinking?" before I could respond he continued, "Do you realize how much everyone has been worried about you?" even softer he said, "How much I've been worried about you?"

I said, "Well my options were to perhaps get killed or stay there for an hour and let people worry. Which one would you have liked me to choose?"

He sighed and said, "You know that isn't what I mean. Why were you there in the first place?"

I lied, "I needed to think and it seemed like a good place to think."

"Just so you know I don't believe that for a second but I have more important things to ask. Such as what did you see that made Filius call a meeting?"