XIV 𝒯𝓇𝑜𝓊𝒷𝓁𝑒

Start from the beginning

Though even if he were to disobey Chiyo, he could still get himself into trouble as any action he did was considered suspicious now that the disappearance of the prince had been discovered. He had already taken a big risk and a harsh slap to the wrist when going out to look for Shota.

His throat started to itch and just as expected he had another coughing fit, drops of blood escaping past his lips right into his hand. 

His stress was certainly not helping his already weak condition and even though he knew that all of this was worsening it, that didn't matter to him, for seventeen years he had dedicated himself towards the young prince and he didn't want some stupid condition hindering himself from continuing. No matter how far away that boy was, he would continue doing whatever he could for him.

Focusing his gaze upon the droplets of blood that rested in his palm, he then closed his eyes while folding his hand into a fist, releasing a short breath before quickly standing up and beginning to make his way towards the door.

He knew the things that could happen when opening the wooden door, but at the moment he knew he only had to do one more thing before he could let himself rest.

Cautiously, he walked through the hallways quietly, which was easier said than done seeing as he had to suppress a coughing fit every five steps and the fact that the guards had been multiplied and lurked around almost every corner didn't help much either.

While he tried to avoid them as much as possible, it was simply impossible in some cases, and even though he was technically allowed to just roam the hallways, it was still considered very suspicious. All he could to was simply look incredibly worried, which wasn't hard as he was in fact, incredibly worried.

Then finally, after what was probably more than an hour of just walking the lighting finally had started to dim down, the torches on the wall decreasing as he came closer, he had finally neared the staircase that was forbidden for most guards and all the servants to walk down.

Just as he was about to round the corner, he could hear footsteps coming closer, which was very strange as everyone knew not to roam around those parts of the castle, only a handful of personally selected guards were allowed to be there, as well as Hisashi and Hisashi's servant. Not to forget Toshinori whenever he got permission.

And these were one of the few cases were he had not even asked about permission.

So what was he supposed to do?

Just face whoever was there and most likely face death right afterwards? The choice was obvious for him as he hid behind the wall as if he was back to his younger days playing a stupid childish game.

Heavy footsteps came closer and closer making his heartbeat speed up. It felt as if he was in one of those horror books he used to read a few years ago. Just by the sound of the footsteps made him realize who it was.

He gritted his teeth while deciding to stay put despite the rising urge to jump out and make his fist kiss their face. Now, Toshinori was usually a rather calm person, but hearing those footsteps belonging to Hisashi himself made it hard to hold himself back.

After all, what right did Hisashi have to go to that torture chamber that he spent so much time in torturing his own blood?

Seconds passed and he had finally gotten far enough so he wouldn't hear Toshinori's footsteps that continued around the corner, closing in on the staircase that lead to the room which he only could hold pure hatred for.

Step by step, he made his way downstairs, finding himself in the dark hallways that he was too familiar with. Once he stepped inside the boarder that held that horrible stench in, he couldn't help but regurgitate at it, he never could get used to it, and he really want to either, it served as a reminder every time on how it was his fault for getting the boy into trouble.