VII 𝐸𝒶𝓇𝓁𝓎

~~~

To say he was uncomfortable was an understatement.

He didn't like to be the center of attention, and especially in front of someone he didn't know.

"Young prince, please hold out a little longer, they are soon done."

Easier said than done, the foreign hands touched all over his body, this was something he should've gotten used to long ago, but he just couldn't.

It was just a simple fitting for his attire he was going to wear during the courting party, he knew this was coming, but it was still uncomfortable. The two ladies both didn't hold back, they hadn't even said anything other than a simple hello.

They were most likely from the higher class, seeing as little to no well known designers were from a lower class, except that one that had made multiple turn their heads inside of Koda Kingdom.

After a minute or two they both stepped back, letting him have a breath of relief as he stepped closer to his attendant, seeking for some sort of comfort as it still felt like the hands were roaming over his body.

"Thank you for your time, my prince, your attire will arrive in about seven days," both of them bowed, their cheeks tinted pink, though it seemed to be natural.

After both of them left, the prince could breathe out fully, sitting down on a chair as he pulled his legs up to his chest. It was just a fitting yet he was still feeling uncomfortable, he felt pathetic for overreacting so much but he just couldn't help it.

"Your riding lesson will begin in ten minutes, shall we head out or would you like some more time?" the blond haired man asks, laying a comforting hand on the young prince's shoulder as he begins to lightly massage it, hoping to make it distract him from his thoughts.

"No, let's go, I cant sit here all day," with a small sigh, he stands up, putting a small grin on his face as he swallows his uneasiness, deciding to simply ignore it as he didn't want to think about it anymore.

"There's only twelve days until the first guests are supposed to arrive," he knew this wasn't the time to bring it up, but he also needed to remind the prince, hoping that he hadn't changed his mind about the answer that was said four days ago.

"I know."

"I'm sorry young prince, but I just don't want you to do something that you actually don't want to do," sighing deeply, he begins walking after the green haired boy who started walking just seconds earlier.

"Don't worry Toshinori-san, I know what I want to do," he widens the grin that hadn't left his lips since he stood up as he turns around, gesturing with both of his pointer fingers at the corner of his lips. "Don't frown so deeply, if I get any doubts I'll tell you them."

Just by hearing those words and seeing his gestures made him chuckle and put on his own grin, softly ruffling the boy's hair as if he was just a little kid again. "Shall we go, young prince?"

~~~

"They arrive in four days," the elderly woman sighs out, rubbing her shin with her hand as she was deep in thought.

"Yes," the man in his late thirties spoke, copying the motions of the woman in front of him as he hummed in thought. "We will have to get them out of here before they arrive, the guards will double just to keep them protected."

"During the night would be the wisest choice, the darkness would help them get through the castle without getting caught."

"Yeah, but can those two kids really manage going out there on their own? I should come with them," he stands up from his chair, worry lacing his words as he rubbed his cheek.