IX 𝒯𝑜𝑔𝑒𝓉𝒽𝑒𝓇

~~~

It was cold. So cold.

The two of them shivered as they sat near the small fire they had lit up after what felt like hours of struggling. It was risky being out in the middle of the night, any sort of wild animals and monsters could lurk nearby and the cold didn't make it much better, but it wasn't like they had a choice.

Izuku's shaking hands reached out for the bag, deciding to look for anything that could help them in staying warm. Much to his luck, a small thin blanket laid inside, it wasn't much but they didn't have anything else.

Shakily laying the blanket over their seated forms, he then looked back at the fire, silence falling over them as they simply shivered together.

"U-Uraraka-san?" the boy whispers out, listening to the fire as he bit the inside of his cheek. "I-I think someone saw us," it had been bothering him ever since he ran away from the person and he knew it wasn't something that he should keep to himself.

"Saw us?" she questioned, her tone rather quiet as well. "W-Was it a guard? Does that mean the king knows you're gone?"

"I-I don't know, though I'm sure it wasn't a guard," his voice was shaky as he fiddled with his hands, eyes teary as he felt like everything was his fault, if he had just stayed quiet everything would be fine and he wouldn't have to worry like this.

"W-Was it a servant then? Did they say anything?" she questions further, stretching out her arms to warm her hands over the fire.

"I-I think it w-was one of the Todorokis," he suddenly utters out, not bothering to hold it in anymore as this wasn't a time for suspension. "A-And they just stared at me, I don't know if they saw me at first but they definitely heard me."

The brunette gives out a silence gasp as she thinks through his words, "are you sure?"

"Yeah, i-it's just their whole posture and everything, even their shadow looked like they came from a high class," a string of sentences leaves his lips as he mutters quietly, his old habit had resurfaced during the last few days and while it felt relieving to get out all his thoughts it was also very embarrassing.

"M-My prince," she giggles out, a smile spreading across her lips as she carefully lays her hand on his arm to bring him out of his own train of thought.

Heat travels up to his cheeks as he covers his face with his hands, cursing himself for doing something so embarrassing without realizing. "I'm s-sorry," he whispers out, suddenly thankful for the cold that cooled down his red cheeks.

"Don't worry, it's actually rather cute, my prince," she giggles further, watching as he slowly looks up at her and giving him a small grin.

"Uraraka-san," a satisfying feeling came over him as he realized he didn't stutter.

"Yes?"

"C-Could you please call me by my name?" his words were rushed as he felt nervousness bubble up, he knew it was stupid to be nervous over just a question but he couldn't help it.

"Midoriya-sama then?" she carefully asks, she didn't know what she had expected him to ask but it was definitely not that. "Or did you mean your first name..?"

"I-If you don't mind, of course you don't have to! I-I just felt like it would be wrong to call me by p-prince, you know, a-and you don't have to be so formal," sighing up, he sinks back, wanting to merge with the ground in embarrassment.

"I don't mind at all, I just don't want you to be uncomfortable with me calling you by that, and are you sure?" she looks over at him, barely able to make out his features in the dark.