VI 𝒟𝓇𝑒𝒶𝓂

~~~

"O-Okay?"

"Have you've been having any strange dreams lately?" her face showed seriousness, eyes traveling across his features as if searching for any change in emotions.

"Well, I-I don't know, what is c-considered as a strange dream?" he bites his lip in discomfort, though it he couldn't figure out if that discomfort was from his stuttering or the sudden topic.

"Let me rephrase that, have you had any reoccurring dreams, or ones you yourself would consider strange?" she sits down on a chair besides Toshinori's bed her eyes never leaving him as if he would disappear any second.

"I-I think, there is a d-dream that I've had for a few days now," he eyebrows crease together in thought, small incoherent words leaving his lips as he speaks, a habit he had when he was little but didn't occur as often anymore. "It s-suppose it was kind of strange."

"What was it about, Izuku-sama?" it seemed like she was trying to make him more comfortable by using his first name but he didn't know if it was helping or not.

"I-I can't remember clearly, every dream was a little different, though every one had Toshinori-san waking me up in the middle of the night, I think it was the middle of the night at least. He told me to be quiet and said something about not letting the guards hear me, but it just felt so real," his stuttering had disappeared as his muttering started, it felt kind of refreshing, even if that habit would to most people be considered strange and annoying, to him it was relieving to be able to stop stuttering and just talk.

As a minute passed by he soon realized how much he'd talked, he was so used to having to keep quiet and suppress his old habit that while it still was quite relieving to just talk, it still felt as if he did something wrong.

He didn't want to look up at the woman's face, afraid that she would be displeased at his sudden rambling, but after trying to convince himself for a few minutes he decided to just take the bullet and look up, only to be met with the complete opposite of the sight he was expecting.

"And this dream has occurred multiple times in a row?" she simply questions, her eyebrows raised in an emotion he couldn't quite decipher, though it did look like she was concerned, not that he knew why.

"Y-Yeah," his response was short but still seemed to please the lady as she stood up, hand on her chin, looking to be deep in thought.

"I didn't think it would happen this soon," she whispers out, barely audible.

"What do you m-mean?" he was reluctant to ask, scared that he would choose the wrong words.

"I have to go get something, Izuku-sama, please stay here and look after Toshinori-san, I'll be back soon," he wasn't able to respond before she was out the door, his mouth slightly hanging open.

What was he supposed to do now?

With a confused mind he looks over at his attendant whose face had begun to regain it's color, he wanted to help in some way, but he just couldn't figure out what to do. He was useless, a future king who couldn't even help his own attendant.

The faint sound of a knock echoed through the room, signaling that there was someone at the opposite side of the door. He didn't know if he should open, what if it was a guard ready to take him to the king because he wasn't in his study or the practice room.

Biting the bullet, he stands up, hesitantly walking over to the door and opening it with ease, only to see the bubbly girl that had just previously left, a tray carrying a jug of water as well as two cups in her hands.