XIII 𝐹𝓇𝒾𝑒𝓃𝒹𝓈

~~~

Izuku silently sat there, looking down at his hands and lightly tracing the fading scars that adorned his pale hands.

He hadn't known what to say, it was supposed to be kept a secret, even his presence outside of the castle was supposed to be kept a secret. Yet here he was, right in front of four strangers and his old friend.

In a moment of confusion, he simply told half the truth, deciding in a haze to trust these unknown figures. "So you're telling me your practically sneaked out of the castle to just get some old rusty sword?" Though he may not have come up with the best explanation.

"K-Kind of?"

"What do you mean kind of?" Katsuki question in his regular harsh tone.

"Bakugo, chill, clearly you're not helping in this situation," Ejijro puts his hand above Katsuki's mouth, giving him his best attempt at a stern look before looking back at the two strangers with an apologetic smile.

Even with being there for quite a while, the two were still not super comfortable, their groups very outgoing personalities not helping in the matter.

"Ah, the rain stopped," Mina suddenly says, bringing the attention away from the explosive boy and towards the opening of the cave which had suddenly become more brightly lit, more than likely due to the sudden sunlight that had appeared from the disappearing clouds.

Izuku quickly decides that it was time for them to go, not because he had anything against the people in front of him, but simply because he didn't want to trouble them any more.

Suddenly noticing his absence of a shirt, he looks around for it only to notice it laying folded beside him, a noticeable blood stain on it. It looked quite disturbing, despite the many times he had seen his own blood, something about it just looked gross.

"You probably don't want to wear that at the moment, if anyone saw you, you'll definitely be questioned immediately."

A guilty look overtook his features, of course he always had to mess things up, if he just hadn't been so sensitive, then he would still have a shirt to wear.

Barely a minute passed by before something was thrown at his face, it slowly fell down onto his lap, causing him to look down and quickly spot what it was. A simple beige shirt with long sleeve. He looked up at the group in front of him trying to figure out who threw it, not because he wanted to complain about the sudden force that hit his face, but because he wanted to thank them.

"Just put on the fucking shirt, shitty fucking Deku."

His mouth slightly hands open, before a smile graces his lips. "U-Um, could y-you please turn around..?"

They all turned around, giving as much privacy as they could without leaving.

Carefully, he tried to get the shirt on, not being able to hold back a wince when it lightly graced the newly bandaged scar on his back. The fabric was rather thin, but if he wore the hood as well, he probably could avoid freezing at least in the day time. "I-I'm done.."

When they looked back at him, he couldn't help but feel his cheeks heat up, attention was after all never his favorite thing. 

Together, they stood up from the rather uncomfortable ground. Ochaco begun packing up the medical supplies and as well their own blanket that she had previously been seated on. 

Looking around for anything else that they might have left out, she quickly spots the hood that was simply laying in a pile against the wall. "Midoriya-kun, here."