Where for art thou pt 2

Jim's pov

I said goodbye to Toby and went into my house preparing the excuse that I made up incase mom asks why I was late. "Jim, I'm in the kitchen!" I heard mom shout out to me. "Hey, Mom" I said expecting Dakota to come running in my direction but she didn't. I shrugged it off thinking she was outside or in my room asleep. "Oh, man. You would so not believe what happened on the way home from-" I cut myself of when I saw what was infront of me.

"Hello Jim" Mr. Strickler said sitting at the bar in our kitchen. "Mr. Strickler" I said nervously while I glanced at the floor seeing Dakota around the corner of the Kitchen glaring at Mr. Strickler. " Mr. Strickler came by to congratulate you" Mom said as she placed some tea on the counter for Strickler and going into the fridge for a milk carton.

"Oh, thats really nice." I said wondering what he wanted to congratulate me on. I felt Dakota lick my hand and I placed it on her head so I could ease myself. "It's a great honor that you have chosen to wield this mantle. I've no doubt that you'll prove equal to the task." "Of?" I asked nervously gripping onto Dakotas fur a bit. "Why didn't you tell me you were trying out for Romeo and Juliet?" Mom said while pouring tea into a teacup.

I let go of Dakotas fur when she whined and asked quickly "Maybe we could back up a few steps?" "Jim, surely you knew you'd won the part of Romeo after your breathtaking audition yesterday." "Yeah, after audition, I had to run, but wait I got the part?

Dakota's pov

The man, Strickler, finally left I gave a sigh and relaxed a bit. Jim and mom started talking about how Jim needed to cut back on stuff. When mom mentioned making food I made a face at the thought of eating her cooking.

Strickler's pov

I left Jim and Barbara's house and went to my car. I stopped when a felt a presence outside of the house behind me. "You shouldn't be here!" I said with anger at the brute, Bular. "Why aren't I feeling his neck snap in my hands right now? Burning his hut to the ground?" He growled impatiently. "That certainly wouldn't draw any attention." "I could take the amulet and be done with it."

"Your attempt to do so earlier was not only unsuccessful, it risked exposing our agenda to both humans and trolls." I said as he growled. "First human trollhunter. This will require finesse, patience." I explained "I resent your weak, devious ways, impure. I only respect force." "And I respect your father" I snapped at him, "if you want any chance of ever seeing him again, adapt."

He huffed and turned away looking through the window "How did the trollhunter tame that beast?" I looked at him with confusion and then remembered. "That is no beast it is merely a dog." "Your eyes decive you, Impure. That is no dog, but a wolf"

I shook my head and pushed Bular to the side with a bit of struggle.

Time skip

Dakota's pov

Jim had come home with the 'amulet' and put it in different places but it always went back to him. At one point he went outside and hit it with a baseball bat. It came back and hit him in the back of his head. I wondered why he was so persistent on getting rid of it.