Mudslinger

Dakotas pov

Jolting awake a bit Dakotas looked at Jim from where he fell onto the floor, she huffed at the rude awakening and decided to get up while Jim groaned crawling back into bed.

Yawning, Dakota trotted down the stairs to go relive herself. Wondering what what the day will bring.

Timeskip to Trollmarket

"How long has he been like this?" Jim asked Arrrgh as he watched Blinky pace back and forth with a book in each hand.

"Long time" Arrrgh replied watching Blinky as well.

Claire, Toby, and Blinky had been researching for a supposed way or weapon to defeat 'Gunmar'. While I was laying on the ground chewing my blue toy bone, I remembered hearing Gunmar during the fight with the bridge. His voice unsettled me for some reason but I simply brushed it off thinking it was nothing to worry about.

I snapped out of my thoughts at the smell of smoke and lifted my head up to see Blinky was burning the book. The one that he had said that held the key to stopping Gunmar.

'Has he lost his mind!?' I thought watching as everyone panicked and tried to put the fire out.

"Burn, baby, burn!" Blinky exclaimed holding everyone back from putting it out.

"No don't!" Claire exclaimed throwing a thick blanket made out of rough skin onto the flaming book. I still didn't like the fact that she was in trollmarket, but it wasn't my call or decision to make so I just had to bear with it.

"Did Blinky just destroy our only chance at getting Gunmar?" Toby asked outloud.

"Or my baby brother!" Claire added

"You don't understand. Bodus hid the secret within the book. Watch" Blinky explained and blew away the ashes.

"It's a message" Claire said. I couldn't really see what was on the table but I knew it probably wasn't eligible to me so I didn't bother trying to see.

"Aha! I'm so glad that worked!" Blinky mumbled with a grin as I glanced at him.

'Did...did he not think it was going to work?" I thought nervously.

"What does it say?" Jim asked as everyone, except me, gathered around the table.

"In the darkest tide, when Daylight darest wane, the Myrddin Wylt obscured a Shadow's bane" Blinky read out loud.

"What's a 'Myrddin Wench'?" Toby asked making my ear twitch at the name mentioned again.

'That meant Merlin obviously' I stated in my head before my eyes widened in realization 'How did I know that?'

'It's...It's probably nothing' I thought nervously as Blinky continued to speak.

Timeskip

Third pov

Tobias and Arrrgh remained oblivious to the assassin troll sitting on the roof of the house as the too of them talked about Toby's magic.

The assassin know as Angor Rot sat on the roof, carving a golem. He stopped for a moment at the sound of an engine and turned his attention to the boy, Jim, riding his Vespa with Dakota sitting in the side car.

The sight of Dakota peaked his interest a bit but didn't think of her as an importance, Strickler did however mention that she was capable of seeing through a changelings disguise.

Dakota hopped out of the side car and followed close behind Jim but stopped to sniff at the air. Her hackles raised and she snapped her head to where Angor was, making his eyes widen in suprise.

Dakota started to bark loudly at Angor Rot, making him quickly crawl off of the roof. Barbara called for Dakota to come in but in the end had to drag her into the house as she continued to bark.

Having yelled at Jim and not wanting to deal with Dakotas barking, she yelled at Dakota forcing her out to the backyard and continued to argue with Jim.

Dakotas pov

'Why didn't Jim do anything!?' I growled to myself as I tucked my tail between my legs in shame, remembering mom calling me a bad dog for barking at nothing.

'But I wasn't barking at nothing! I was barking at the creepy troll!' I thought angrily 'Mom was just really mad and Jim had already enough to deal with. I'm not a bad dog!....right?'

I pinned my ears back self consciously 'Stop thinking like that Dakota, your not a bad dog, it was just a bad day' I reassured myself and sighed.

Looking to the side stairs where my dog house was I crawled into it and curled up on the blanket inside.

Third pov

As Dakota slowly drifted off to sleep she failed to notice the troll from earlier watching her from a further distance.

Angor Rot jumped into the tree near the yard, making Dakota stir in her sleep. He landed on the ground with a light thump, this time she opened her eyes a bit but before she could fully wake up, Angor Rot had blown some dust in her face to keep her asleep and to wipe her memory of seeing him tonight.

It seems she was smarter than he thought, but it simply gave Angor Rot a second tactic to get to the trollhunter, through his pet. Tomorrow he would see what the boy was made of and after, see how long it would take to earn the dogs trust.

A/N: First off I still need Astrid700 and StephanieNolmans to private message me or tag me for the sketch to be done.

Second! Here you go PinkDolphin07

And lastly! I need you all to vote for what happens in the next episode!

A) Should Dakota go with the group to Gattos Keep?

B) Dakota stays behind and Angor Rot tries to gain her trust?

If you voted for A) then should Dakota:

1A) Be trapped in Gattos Keep along with Toby and Blinky?

1B) Shouldn't be trapped in Gattos Keep?