Roaming Fees May Apply

Dakota's pov

I was laying in the backyard bathing in the sunlight, until I felt the warmth from the sun disappear. I peaked my eye open slightly and saw that the sun wasn't blocked by any clouds.

'That's weird' I thought to myself and looked at the ground to see I was laying in the shade I sat up in confusion and looked towards the fence and trees where the shadow was leading to. A figure sat in the tree carving something as their leg swung back and forth lazily.

I growled and started to barked at the figure in warning to scare them off, but they didn't seem bothered. Getting closer, I barked louder to intimidate them but they stayed in the same spot, I started to grow tired and finally stopped barking since it was pointless if mom and Jim weren't home, plus it would only upset the neighbors. I backed up, not wanting to turn my back on the figure, and lapped up some water from my bowl.

My ear twitched when I heard something hit the ground a few feet away from me. Looking up, I saw the figure was still in the tree but they were looking at me while still carving something. I growled and approached cautiously to see what they dropped.

I sniffed and realized it was raw meat from a squirrel, I glanced up at them to see they were eating the same thing. I looked at it suspiciously and gave it a lick to test the meat, it seemed fine and ate it quickly. I don't usually take things offered by strangers but food was food, and I suppose it couldn't hurt. Licking my chops, I looked up at the figure with my head tilted.

The figure chuckled a bit and tossed a second piece of meat, this time I caught it instead of inspecting it. It tasted different but I didn't think much about it.

Angor Rot pov

After giving the canine the second piece of meat I saw hers eyes flash a golden color, meaning that the spell had worked. I had put a little something in the meat that would allow me to see through her eyes at will. I looked at the carving of the canine I was working on and blew off any dust left over. Hearing a door open in the house I watched as she left and went back inside.

I assumed that the human women or hunter was home and took that as a sign to leave.

Third pov

"I should have pulled daylight on him right then and there" said as Claire and Toby got off their bikes and took off their helmets.

"Steve would have gone bananas" Claire argued with her arms crossed

"It's probably good you waited. I imagine murdering your principle looks pretty bad on your college application" Toby added

" I'll just have to wait and get him alone" Jim sighed and dug through his bag taking out the horngazel as it rang slightly.

Claire and Dakota suddenly turned around, Claire looking around nervously while Dakota growled quietly with her hackles raised.

"What's wrong?" Jim asked the two as he put a hand on Dakotas head making her calm down.

"I just got a weird feeling" Claire replied with uncertainty.

"I get those all the time, it's usually after the school lunch" Toby said with a chuckle.

As Jim carved an opening into trollmarket, the three kids failed to notice Dakota shake her head side to side and her eyes opened back up to reveal that they had changed from their normal blue to black and gold, like Angor Rots.

"I've spent nights poring over the legend of the stones, decoding its hidden meanings. Endless, sleepless nights" Blinky stated moving a few things aside and placing a book on the stone slab.