Angor Management

Third pov (Flashback)

Dakota had gotten better over the past few days and her time with Angor grew shorter. She grew accustomed to him appearing in the backyard, at night mostly. However, she noticed that he no longer had his staff and now Claire was the one who had it. She thought nothing of it, and at one point Angor Rot had been able to run his fingers through her fur which she didn't mind as long as he had food.

(End of flashback)

Dakota grinned as she watched Jim put a stinky sock in front of Stricklers nose, causing him to wake up abruptly from the smell "What is this?"

"Wakey, wakey" Jim said mockingly waving the sock in front of Strickler, "We survived the night with no sign of Angor Rot, Congratulations. Thought I'd bring you some breakfast" he threw the sock at Stricklers face and landed on his nose.

"I don't eat socks" Strickler responded with a scoff "And I don't appreciate being tied up. I asked you to protect me, not torture me" as Jim went around and cut the rope tied around Stricklers wrists.

Dakota growled at the changeling, keeping a close eye on him, "And I said I'd keep you safe, not comfortable"

"We'll, the sun is up" Strickler said looking out the window at the rising sun as birds chirped in the distance, "We'll have until sundown to get me as far away as possible"

"Fine. Let me call the team" Jim said, grabbing his walkie-talkie from the counter while Dakota stood by his side giving Strickler a dark glare, "Trollhunter to Warhammer, do you copy?"

"Oh, goodie. The Puberty Patrol is on the case" Strickler commented sarcastically but shut up as he glanced down at Dakota and swallowed nervously at her icy stare.

"This is Warhammer. What's up Jimbo?" Toby responded but before Jim could reply Strickler spoke up.

"Do you really think your friends will have any chance against that killer? They'll be a liability" Jim glared at Strickler as he continued on " May I remind you, that you destroyed Angor's soul. He'll be out for blood, be it yours, theirs, or hers" he said and gestured to Dakota but she just snorted at him.

"Jim, hello?" Toby asked over the walkie-talkie.

"Uh, yeah. Tobes, get everyone together. See what you can dig up on finding that last Triumbric stone" Jim said

"The one the Gumm-Gumms stole?" Toby asked

"Yeah. I need you guys down in Trollmarket, I'll catch up when I can. Over and out" Jim said ending the call.

"Smart choice. For once, you're learning" Strickler commented grabbing a tea cup and coffee pot.

"For the record," Jim said grabbing a box of cereal and giving it to the changeling "Angor Rot destroyed his own soul"

Later on Draal had joined the three of them in the kitchen, keeping an eye on Strickler like Dakota was "Why trust this changeling when all he does is betray you?"

"Because..." Jim trailed off trying to think of a good reason for helping Strickler other than the fact that the changeling had put a spell on his mom "Because, unfortunately, I have to. Is this all the canned food?" Jim asked looking through the cupboards.

"You need more? Mm" Draal asked sliding next to Jim with a smirk "We should chop him into little pieces and can him right now" he suggested.

"Did you forget the binding spell?" Jim asked standing up, "If we hurt him, we hurt my mom"

Strickler smirked at Draal and Dakota flicking a bit of his cereal at them both making them angry but not hurt him, even though the two really wanted to.