𝘢𝘤𝘵 𝘐𝘐𝘐, 𝘴𝘤𝘦𝘯𝘦 𝘐𝘐𝘐; 𝘵𝘰𝘰 𝘥𝘦𝘦𝘱.

"Corbyn, come out. Come out, you frightened man. Trouble likes you, and you're married to disaster." Friar Lawerence called. 

"Father, what's the news? What punishment did the Prince announce? What suffering lies in store for me that I don't know about yet?" Corbyn groaned.

"You know too much about suffering. I have news for you about the Prince's punishment." He sighed.

"Is the Prince's punishment any less awful than doomsday?" Corbyn asked.

"He made a gentler decision. You won't die, but you'll be banished from the city." Friar Lawerence nodded.

"Ha, banishment? Be merciful and say 'death.' Exile is much worse than death. Don't say 'banishment.'" His eyebrows furrowed together. 

"From now on, you are banished from Verona. You should be able to endure this because the world is broad and wide." Friar Lawerence told him. 

"There is no world for me outside the walls of Verona, except purgatory, torture, and hell itself. So to be banished from Verona is like being banished from the world, and being banished from the world is death." Corbyn frowned.

"Oh, deadly sin! Oh, rude and unthankful boy! You committed a crime that is punishable by death, but our kind Prince took sympathy on you and ignored the law when he substituted banishment for death." He scowled, "This is kind mercy, and you don't realize it."

"It's torture, not mercy. Heaven is here because Juliet lives here. Every cat and dog and little mouse, every unworthy animal that lives here can see her, but Corbyn can't." Corbyn's eyes filled with tears, "Even while she remains a pure virgin, she blushes when her lips touch each other because she thinks it's a sin. But Corbyn can't kiss her or hold her hand because he's been banished."

"You foolish madman, listen to me for a moment." Friar Lawrence said.

"Oh, you're just going to talk about banishment again." He huffed. 

"I'll give you protection from that word. I'll give you the antidote for trouble: philosophy. Philosophy will comfort you even though you've been banished." Friar Lawerence suggested.

"You're still talking about 'banished?' Forget about philosophy! Unless philosophy can create a Juliet, or pick up a town and put it somewhere else, or reverse a prince's punishment, it doesn't do me any good. Don't say anything else." Corbyn sighed.

"Oh, so madmen like you are also deaf." He frowned.

"How should madmen hear, if wise men can't even see?" Corbyn asked.

"Let me talk to you about your situation." Friar Lawerence said.

"You can't talk about something that you don't feel. If you were as young as I am, if you were in love with Juliet, if you had just married her an hour ago, if then you murdered Jonah, if you were lovesick like me, and if you were banished, then you might talk about it." He grimaced, "You might also tear your hair out of your head and collapse to the ground the way I do right now." He fell to his knees.

There was several knocks on the door. 

"Get up. Somebody's knocking. Hide yourself, good Corbyn." Friar Lawerence told him. 

"I won't hide unless all the mist from my heartsick groans envelopes me like fog and conceals me from people's searching eyes." Corbyn shook his head, not moving from where he knelt on the floor. Someone knocked again. 

"Listen, they're still knocking!-" He said, "Who's there?-" He shouted to te person at the door, "Corbyn, get up. They'll arrest you-" He whispered harshly, "Hold on a moment-" He called, "Get up. Run and hide in my study- just a minute- for the love of God, why are you being so stupid? I'm coming. I'm coming."

The knocks continued. 

"Why are you knocking so hard? Where do you come from? What do you want?" Friar Lawerence asked.

"Let me come in, and I'll tell you why I came. I come from Lady Juliet." Nurse called through the door.

"Welcome, then." He nodded, opening the door.

"Oh, holy Friar, Oh, tell me, holy Friar, where is my lady's husband? Where's Corbyn?" Nurse asked.

"He's there on the ground. He's been getting drunk on his own tears." Friar Lawerence sighed.

"Oh, he's acting just like Juliet, just like her. Oh painful sympathy! What a pitiful problem! She's lying on the ground just like him, blubbering and weeping, weeping and blubbering." Nurse frowned, "Stand up. Stand up. Stand up if you're really a man. For Juliet's sake, for her sake, rise and stand up. Why should you fall into so deep a moan?"

"Nurse!" Corbyn smiled, hopefully.

"Ah sir, ah sir. Well, death is the end for everybody." Nurse frowned.

"Were you talking about Juliet? How is she? Does she think that I'm a practised murderer because I tainted our newfound joy by killing one of her close relatives?" Corbyn questioned, "Where is she? How is she doing? What does my hidden wife say about our ruined love?"

"Oh, she doesn't say anything, sir. She just weeps and weeps. She falls on her bed and then starts to get up. Then she calls out Jonah's name and cries 'Corbyn,' and then she falls down again." Nurse sighed. 

"She's calling out my name as if I were a bullet murdering her, just like I murdered her relative. Tell me, Friar, in what part of my body is my name embedded? Tell me, so I can cut it out of myself." He pulled out his dagger. 

"Hold on, and don't act out of desperation. Are you a man? You look like a man, but your tears make you look like a woman." Friar Lawerence told him, "The law that threatened your life was softened into exile. Be happy about that. Your life is full of blessings. You have the best sorts of happiness to enjoy."

"O Lord, I could stay here all night listening to such good advice. Educated men are so impressive!" Nurse smiled, "My lord, I'll tell my lady you will come." She said to Corbyn.

"Do so, and tell my sweet to be ready to scold me." Corbyn nodded.

"Here, sir, this is a ring she asked me to give you. Hurry up, it's getting late." She handed him the ring. 

"This makes me feel so much better!" Corbyn grinned as Nurse left. 

"Now get out of here. Good night. Everything depends on this: either be out of here before the night watchmen take their positions, or leave in disguise after daybreak." Friar Lawerence said, "Give me your hand. It's late. Farewell. Good night."

"I'm off to experience the greatest joy of all, but still it's sad to leave you in such a rush. Farewell." Corbyn nodded. 

︵‿︵‿︵‿︵‿︵  ‿︵‿︵‿︵‿︵‿︵‿︵
𝘢𝘶𝘵𝘩𝘰𝘳'𝘴 𝘯𝘰𝘵𝘦.
𝘵𝘪𝘳𝘦𝘥 𝘣𝘶𝘵 𝘢𝘭𝘴𝘰 𝘨𝘰𝘯𝘯𝘢 𝘴𝘵𝘢𝘺 𝘶𝘱 𝘵𝘰 1𝘢𝘮