A Hidden Fire, Burning with Rage

The Airship lands as Ace walks out with the rest of the group, Yang in his arms as he sees Ozpin and Glynda waiting for them. Ace walks up with tears in his eyes as the two of them look with shock as they rush towards the group.

Ozpin: What Happened?!

Relm: When we got the maiden and Omega Dust, a enemy of some sort attacked us.

Cynthia: He had the power to summon Grimm, give himself a super aura to boost his power, and I think teleportation.

Glynda: Summon Grimm?

Ozpin: Only she can do that...But what about Yang?

Ace: She rushed the figure and she was severely injured...it's my fault she's hurt.

Ozpin: It's not your fault...we'll take her to the infirmary and have her healed.

Ruby: Please make sure she recovers.

Glynda: Of course. And Little one, your the winter maiden, correct?

Crystal: Yes..that's me.

Glynda: Follow me. I'll get you fixed up

Ozpin nods as the two  take Yang, Crystal, and the Omega Dust was inside, as Ace slowly walks forward before stopping and looking at his hands. Small blood spots were on them as he clenches them and slightly cries as the group behind him slightly frowns.

Ace: I failed her...it's my fault she's hurt.

Ruby: Brother...

Dawn: You heard Ozpin...it wasn't your fault.

Ace slightly turns his head before sighing heavily and walking away from them. Ruby reaches an arm towards him before Frisk grabs it and lowers it.

Frisk: Leave him be. He needs time to recover.

Frisk looks back at Ace as he disappears inside the school. She frowns as the rest of the group heads inside.

A few hours later...

Blake, Ruby and Weiss are in their dorm busy. Ruby reading a comic book while sitting on her bed, Blake reading her own book as Weiss works on the homework they have before they hear a knock at the door.

Weiss: Who is it?

Jaune: It's JNPR...we want to talk about Ace.

Ruby: Come in!

The door opens as JNPR enters the room, Jaune and Pyrrha have frowns ass Nora is stuffing her face with pancakes as Ren comes in with pancakes and hot chocolate.

Blake: You want to talk about Ace?

Pyrrha: Something's not right with him. He's just standing at the balcon, arms behind his back.

Ren: *hands out hot chocolate* He's becomes distant with us. Pyrrha tried to talk to him but he barely talked with her.

Weiss: What did he say?

Pyrrha: He asked a question, then after I answered he simply nodded and walked away from me.

Jaune: And the question was an odd one.

Ruby: What was it?

Pyrrha: "Have you ever regretted something to the point that you wish you could go back and fix it?"

Blake and Ruby look down at the ground with frowns as Weiss thinks it over before responding.

Weiss: Well, Yang got severely hurt from our mission, and he blames himself for her getting hurt.