A New Feathery Friend

30 minutes later...

I'm on a balcony as I stare at the town of Vale below. It still surprised me that how easily I defeated Team STRQ, cause they graduated Beacon with flying colors. It doesn't matter now, I've won, and it paid off.

Me: That gamble I made...I hope it was worth it...

I hear the sound of footsteps as I turn around to see Summer as she shyly walks around the corner. I smile as I take a few steps forward down the stairs before I stop.

Me: Summer...it's ok. You don't need to be shy around me.

She walks up closer to me as she puts her hand on my cheek. I smirk as I can see her with tears in here eyes, probably out of happiness.

Summer: It's you...I'm so happy your ok...

Me: I missed you too Summer... you still look as young as ever

Summer puts her hand down as she looks into my eyes. I couldn't help but smile from her joy of seeing me.

Summer: I was so worried that when you left, that you lost your life from the fall or injuries you sustained, but once Ozpin told me you were alive, I couldn't stop smiling.

Me: Listen Summer...I...I should tell you something.

Summer: What's that?

Me: I'm...sorry. I wanted to visit you or even send you letter to show I was alive, but I didn't want to make you worry or spread the news of where I was.

Summer: Ace...

Me: I didn't want them to know my location and hurt me. I couldn't risk it, but every day, I would think of you and Yang and what you did to keep me alive.

Summer: I...

Me:I think I've spoken long enough. I have to get back to my team but Summer...I..

Summer: *hugs* It's ok Ace. I'm just proud of how strong you've become, and that you've taken care of yourself so well. The new family you live with now, I'm proud they took care of you.

Me: Thank you Summer...

Summer: And...before you go, I want to let you know that you have a gift in your room. You should check it out when you get the time.

Me: I'll make sure to do that. I'll see you around Summer.

We hug a final time before I walk back inside, waving goodbye to her as I walk down the hall to lunch.

Later...

I walk into my dorm as I turn to my bed. A little gift was waiting for me as I walked to it.

Me: What is this?

I open the gift carefully before my eyes widen. In the box was a little chocobo with a white robe sleeping in the box.

 In the box was a little chocobo with a white robe sleeping in the box