What Rises Shall Fight

Sidenote: Ace is 8, Yang is 9, and Ruby is 7

Ace Perspective:

Name's Ace, Ace Xiao Long. Younger Brother to Yang and Older Step-Brother to Ruby Rose. Let me tell you something, my life is hell. My family barely treats me like one of them, like I'm special or I'm a monster. My father, Tai, constantly beats me and forces me to clean, cook, and do whatever he desires. Qrow uses my as a training dummy, as I constantly get slashed and beaten, Sometimes Tai will join in for the training. My mother Raven does more or less then Qrow, except it's sooo much worse. She may use her fire sword and burn me, or her ice blade and freeze me to my core. Shock me with her lighting blade, and other elements to the point of near death. Ruby can't exactly do much, but her birthday is today and I fear what she's getting. Ruby, with the help of Tai, will rapidly beat me with her Semblance of Speed. Yet each time she leaves me, I see in her eyes she regrets it, and wishes she could change. Lastly is Summer and Yang, and I have nothing horrible to say about them. They are who I consider my actual family and I don't mind it. Each and every night, they would help me recover and comfort me through my hell.

It's a new morning...and I can already hear Tai screaming for me.

Tai: GET YOU WORTHLESS A** DOWN HERE!

I nod my head as I walk downstairs. Tai is already ticked off at me, and I already know why.

Tai: Alright listen up ok? It's Ruby's birthday today, and I don't want you screwing anything up! You've got that?

Me: *crosses arms and turns away* Yeah...

Tai: Don't act like that around me!

Tai punches me straight in the gut, causing me to spew out blood from my mouth. I grunt in pain before I pick myself up.

Me: Yes...Dad...sir...

Tai: Good, you piece of worthless s***.

Tai walks away as I headed over to the kitchen, wiping away the blood from my mouth. It's Ruby's birthday and I already know what she wants for her breakfast, chocolate cookie pancakes. It's not too difficult to make once you had to spend three days straight to learn the recipe, and if you mess up, it's a brutal beating each time. 

Me: *In thought* Will they ever learn to love me? What did I do to deserve this?

I begin to make the pancakes when I hear her rush down the steps. I already know who it is, Ms. Special Silver Eyes herself, Ruby Rose. She rushes towards be with excitement in her voice.

Ruby: Step-Bro! You know what day it is?!

I take a deep breath and answer her question in the nicest way I can muster.

Me: Of course I do sis! It's your birthday!

Ruby: Yeah it is! I'm sooo excited to see what I got!

Me: Yeah, it's gonna be something.

I continue making the pancakes when I feel her tug on my shirt.

Ruby: Hey um...Tai said he wanted to give you a present, but wanted me to do it.

Me: *thought* A gift from Tai? That's unheard of.

I turn to her, as nothing is on the oven for the pancakes. Yet as I turn around, I could already see her face for guilt. She didn't want to, but she had to.

Me: *knowing what's about to happen* Come on then, tell me.

I swear, I faintly hear a, "I'm sorry" from her mouth before she punches me straight in the jaw. I fall to the floor, a tear shedding from my eyes before I stand up. Ruby's already gone, just a trail of Rose petals of where she dashed off to.