Drawing into Initiation

As we walked into the massive auditorium that Beacon held within it's walls, I could here the sound of Yang calling for her sister. Ruby looks over when she hears Yang's voice.

Yang: *waving* Ruby! Over here! I saved you a spot!

Ruby: *to Blake* Oh! Hey, I-I gotta go! I'll see you after the ceremony! *leaves*

Blake: See you later...

Me: *leaning over* New in the getting friends department Blake?

Blake: Not really...Well...it's complicated.

Me: It's a learning experience. Don't worry about it to much.

Relm: *yelling* Ace! Over here!

I turn to see Relm waving her hand right next to Frisk and Chara. I walk up to them as Blake follows close behind me.

Frisk: Hey Blake! Haven't seen you in a bit.

Blake: It's only been one day...

Chara: Meh, it still works. Name's Chara.

Relm: My name's Relm.

Blake: Name's Blake, Blake Belladonna. It's nice to see the rest of you.

Chara: Yeah, I don't remember seeing you on the train, yet Frisk said you were.

Me: That's true, but you overslept and was nearly left behind.

Chara shakes her head as Frisk and Relm chuckle. Blake turns to me with a nice smile before the sound of a microphone is heard booting up. We all turn to the front to see Ozpin at the mic while Glynda is close by.

Ozpin: I'll... keep this brief. You have traveled here today in search of knowledge, to hone your craft and acquire new skills, and when you have finished, you plan to dedicate your life to the protection of the people. But I look amongst you, and all I see is wasted energy, in need of purpose, direction. *as the students whisper among themselves* You assume knowledge will free you of this, but your time at this school will prove that knowledge can only carry you so far. It is up to you to take the first step.

Glynda: *as Ozpin leaves, she steps up to talk* You will gather in the ballroom tonight; tomorrow, your initiation begins. Be ready. You are dismissed.

Frisk: That..seemed kinda off.

Relm: Almost like he wasn't there to begin with.

Blake: It's short and simple.

Jaune: *out've nowhere* I'm a natural blond, you know!

Chara and Frisk facepalm as I slightly chuckle at his attempts at flirting.

Later that night...(Narrator)

The first night at Beacon, students are splayed out in sleeping bags. Ruby, in her pajamas and with a sleeping mask around her head, is writing in a journal when Yang crashes next to her, similarly dressed.

Yang: It's like a big slumber party!

Ruby: *not looking up* I don't think Dad would approve of all the boys, though.

Yang: I know I do! *purrs as she watches several muscular, shirtless guys... and Jaune, dressed in feetie pajamas, waving to her, which makes her groan before she returns her attention to Ruby* What's that?

Ruby: A letter to the gang back at Signal. I promised to tell them all about Beacon and how things are going.

Yang: Aw, that's so cuuuute! *knocked back as a pillow is launched at her face*