Twenty Three: The New Life in Progress

Two years later.

Finally, Kian and I are settled in our apartment.

It's not small, in fact, it's quite spacey. I like it.

My 19th birthday just passed, and I recently sent in applications for college. I was going to continue my studies in Social Working, maybe work with kids who have lost family members, parents, friends. Basically a therapist.

Months after the accident in Riverside, the gang house grew stronger, lives were improved, and things started going well for everyone.

Nathan is currently sentenced to a 40 year time in Jail, for the death of many innocents, but fortunately he's getting therapy for his messed up thoughts.

Damon and his leadership is going strong as ever, Stephanie and Sam are both currently working for Damon as owners of an orphanage for kids who's parents have been affected permanently by gang violence.

Kian and I?

We're doing good.

He's doing good.

He's continuing with his training for leadership after Damon, and I'm still continuing with my studies in school, and we get weekly checks from Damon that are able to maintain a normal life style. Don't have to worry about bills, just paper work for Damon and living a normal life.

Life is just great for everyone.

You'll be doing us all a favor.
You killed them.
All of them.
You did

"Hey, Mia come on we're gonna be late for dinner."

"I'll meet you down stairs, I need to get a coat and I'll be done." Kian responds with a groan, but nonetheless goes downstairs to wait in the lobby of our apartment building.

I hear my phone buzzing and I hastily put on my coat while answering it.

"Hello?"

"Mia!"

"Hey, Steph."

"Are you guys on your way?"

"Most definitely."

"You haven't even left your building have you?"

"We'll be there in twenty! Promise!"

"Ugh, I'm going to order without you."

"Bye Stephanie!" I hang up and walk out the door, and down to the elevator.

--

Kian and I arrive at the fancy restaurant and head inside.

"No seriously that's why I refuse to even look at cockroach anymore," Kian continues on his story as he opens the door for me, "they're ugly and nasty and I am no longer accepting your offer of kisses for killing them."

I laugh at the end of his statement.

"Hi, Welcome to Raggazi, table for two?"

"Actually we are with the party of four, Pottorff?" Kian says as he grabs my hand and laces his fingers through mine.

"Oh of course, follow me and I will escort you to your table where your friends are waiting."

We walk hand in hand behind the lovely hostess and my stomach starts growling because of the scent in this building. Like Italian, and pure delicious food.

"Guys!" Sam says as he stands up to give us a welcoming hug.

"Your waitress will be right out to take your order!" we say thank you and the perky girl skips away back to her post.