Seven: Where it all Started

I woke up in a pretty happy mood, which is weird for a Monday. Simply because I'd rather be sleeping on my bed with a big cup of coffee waiting for me after I decide to get out of bed, but sadly I'm forced to get up and come to my living hell otherwise known as school. Other than that, I was excited for today. No idea why. Just was.

"son of a bi-" I hissed as I embarrassingly tripped going up the schools' steps. I might be a little tired and sore from Friday, still a good day. I didn't see Kian Lawley after he stomped up the stairs in his house. He was kind of a really big asshole, I realized. He doesn't know much of self control either, which kind of worries me, but then I don't care because he's such a douche. I wonder if his girlfriend has to deal with that. Poor girl.

My spiraling thoughts were stopped when I felt a tap on my shoulder. I turned and saw a new, familiar, yet bruised up face. It was David.

"Hey!!" I said, a little too excited.

"hey" he replied. I saw a white piece of paper in his hands am immediately scanned it, it was his schedule.

"How are you?! How's your face?! I Hope you didn't get in trouble? What happened after the cops arriv-"

"slow down there girl" he says as he slows down his steps, "are you always in this good moody early in the mornings? If so, I can start avoiding you until noon"

"No such luck." I wiggled my eyebrows while wiggling the paper in my hands.

"Don't tell me we have classes together in the morning?"

"Not exactly. But they're all in the same wings and basically same hallways so I guess we'll just have little encounters every now and then" I say handing him back his schedule.

"Awesome" sarcasm peered through his words.

Shoving him playfully I reply with a quiet "oh shut up"

"I'm kidding I'm kidding" he smiles at me. Wowie he had a pretty smile, the kind Stephanie would like. His right side of his mouth is closer together, but as it continues his lips part in a cute yet dorky way. I should introduce them to each other.

"Hellloo?" David snaps his fingers in my face. "Mia, you okay?"

"yeah of course! Totally!!"

"You're a strange girl" he chuckles.

"You won't find another girl like me!"

"Yeah I doubt it"

We stay quiet for a few seconds before I see his posture tighten. He must be looking at something uncomfortable, or someone. I pretend to reach into my bag and notice his ex girlfriend walking towards us.

Oh shit. Ex girlfriend alert I think to myself.

"Hey friends do each other favors, right?" I nod. "We're friends again, right?" I nod again, knowing exactly where this is going. Before he says anything, I let out a giggle and wrap my arms around his neck.

"Oh my gosh David you're so funny!" I say in a higher tone than usual. I hug him closer until I'm able to whisper in his ear, "just go along with it"

"And your hair! So nicely prepared, you must have a dumb ex girlfriend for letting you go!" I see him smile in the corner of my eye. I let go of him and just as the ex is walking pass us, I grab his hands, stand on my tippy toes and lean in to kiss his cheek. That would do it.

I peeked a glance at her and her face was either really sad or really funny. Either way I couldn't hold in my laugh so when she turned around I laughed into his chest.

"you're really good at that"

"pretending to be a stupid girl?"

"yeah," he chuckles, "you can say that"

"thank you, sir" I smile at him, "so lets show you to your first class?" he nods and off we went.

----

I didn't see Matt or Stephanie all day today which is weird since we have at a couple classes together, and like two classes all three of us. Hmm, I wonder what they're up too. I had lunch with David when they didn't pick up my phone calls or answer my texts. I let it slide and just continued with my life. David just drove off home, since It was after school. And here I am, waiting for my mom to pick me up. I sit on the cement blocks outside the school and called her again.

"Hello?" she answers

"Mom?"

"Yes, dear?"

"mom where are you?"

"oh I just clocked in at the hospital, why?"

"MOM! You were supposed to pick me up today!"

"Where's Matt?"

"I dunno he's not here"

"Just walk Mia, I gotta go. I'll be home after dinner so order pizza or something." she hung up without letting me answer and I sighed.

start walking

I don't want to

Mia

ugghhhhhh

I walked down the street and made a quick stop at the corner store. It wasn't hot outside, it wasn't cold, it was windy yet perfect whether. Which is why I don't want to be walking if my hair is going to be going all Medusa on me. I felt an uneasy feeling in the pit of my stomach when I turned the street and started taking an alley to my house, for a short cut.

I plugged in my earphones and tried distracting myself from these bad feelings, which was a bad idea since I didn't hear someone calling me from behind. Someone literally crashed into me, making me fall straight to the ground.

"ouch" I whispered.

"Mia?" I heard a male voice. His tone was sort of panicked and rushed. "Mia, are you okay?" he asked again.

"Well, I just fell to the ground because you crashed into me and my knees hurt so no lot really"

"Mia get up, hurry and get up!" the male, who somehow knew my name, helped me to my feet, and you wouldn't believe who it was.

"Kian? Watch where you're going next time won't you?" he looked behind me and he looked startled at my sudden change of tone.

"Okay, I'm gonna ask you to do something real quick"

"why would I do anything-"

"Mia if you don't do what I say in two seconds you're going to fucking die." I looked at him, and he was dead serious. "Mia," he grabbed my hand, "run."

For some reason I felt this was serious, and so with out a second thought. I ran with him.

I didn't know where we were going or why we were running but I knew if I stopped, I might not run again. We ran for a minute exactly before an orange Range Rover pulled up at the end of the alley and Kian started towards it. '

"WHY ARE WE RUNNING TOWARDS THAT CAR?"

"JUST TRUST ME"

The door opened and he jumped in there, pulling me with him. Kian closed the door and the driver sped off.

"What just happened?" I asked out of breath.

"Long story" he replied.

"Where are we going?" said the driver, who I couldn't really get a good look at.

"Just drive"

He drove for about twenty minutes, and I had no idea where I-or we were going.

"Oh hell," said the guy in the passenger seat.

"What" Kian asked firmly.

"We've got company." he said as he turned around and pointed to the back.

It was Sam. Sam Pottorff. What the hell? Isn't he supposed to be the good kid? The innocent and straight A jock? What the hell is going on and why did I just get myself into.

Shit load of trouble.

I figured.

"Kitten?" I looked at Kian. "Fasten your seatbelt, it's gonna be one hell of a drive"

--