Eleven: Big Deal

"Your hair is rarely soft today"

"Thanks, Matt"

The three of us had came to the room that I slept in last night, and we were currently sprawled on the bed. My feet on Stephanie's back and my head on Matt's lap.

"Today has been such a weird day"

"No, no. Not at all. We have just been targeted as enemy for a big gang leader and our parents are all part of it's rival gang. No big deal...no. big. deal" I chuckled at my best friends. I'm just glad they're trying to find a positive side to all this mess.

We stayed quiet for a couple minutes before we heard the doorknob turn, and the door swing open. We sat up only to be faced with our parents.

"Hey kids," Stephanie's dad said, "We need to talk."

"Clearly" the three of us said simultaneously. They all gathered around the bed we were sitting on, and waited for us to ask questions.

"Well? explain yourselves!" Matt broke the ice.

"There's not much to sa-"

"Why are you guys in a gang?! Why didn't any of you tell us?!"

"It was only to protect you" My dad said.

"Protect us from what?!" I asked.

"This! This exactly!! You guys were never supposed to be brought into this life" Matt's mom spoke up.

"Listen - at first. It was us two" Stephanie's dad pointed at himself and Matt's father, "We grew up together, and we just happen to get involved with this gang in High School. Soon after, we met your mothers, they were dragged into it. But it was only to protect them."

"Me and your mother met trough the rival gang, I lost touch with these guys after we joined different territories," my dad started talking now, "But after a couple years, your mother and I left that gang because they tried getting your mother involve in a shooting, even though she was pregnant. With you." he looks at me, but I turn away, unable to look him in the eyes.

"So they joined us," Matt's mom spoke up, "We didn't intend of any of this happening. We just talked to Damon, and figured that if we worked undercover we'd be able to live a normal life. For the sake of you guys."

"But here we are now, in this room, telling you about it. You weren't supposed to ever be a part of this gang. They were all supposed to look out for us and help us if we ever had problems-"

"That's why when we almost lost the house a few years ago, we didn't" I whispered.

"Exactly." My mom said.

There was silence for a moment, the three of us taking all of this in.

"Were you ever planning on telling us?" Stephanie whispered.

"That wasn't the plan. We were all just supposed to continue with life, and well -basically once we all grew old and faced death, it'd be the end of it. You guys weren't supposed to be brought into this life." Stephanie's dad said.

"But we are." I said. They all looked down in disappointment. "This is my fault." I whispered.

"No, no honey. It's not your faul-"

"YES IT IS!" I yelled standing up, "IT IS BECAUSE IF IT WASN'T FOR ME, WE WOULDN'T BE IN THIS MESS. I'M THE ONE WHO WANTED A QUICKER WAY HOME, I'M THE ONE WHO BUMPED INTO KIAN WHEN HE WAS BEING CHASED BY THIS GUYS ASSASSINS OR WHATEVER THE FUCK IT IS. IT'S ALL MY FAULT" I broke into tears after the last words left my mouth. Soon enough, I felt arms around me and embraced myself in my dad's warm arms.

"Don't think like that. This happened for a reason. We're all going to be okay, I promise" Everyone then joined in on this hug, and once again, I felt safe.

I don't know how long the nine of us stood there, hugging each other for reassurance when there was a sudden knock on the door. We broke apart and in came Kian.

"Um," he coughed awkwardly, "there's a - Damon wants all of us upstairs in his office again - and uh, he wants Matt, Stephanie, and Mia there, too"

---

We all piled into this huge office that was located in the attic of the house. Big house, big attic. Damon was standing, pacing back and forth.

"Damon, what's going on?"

"Shawn" he paused, "Shawn's going to call and we are going to talk about what he wants. I wanted all of you here incase he wanted to speak to any of the children." As soon as he finished, the phone rang. All gazes turned to it, and he slowly walked towards it, picking it up.

"Shawn" Damon said calmly, he spoke to the person on the line. We all stood there, comforting each other. I took this as a time to talk to Kian.

"Kitten," he whispered.

"Lawley"

"How are you holding up?"

"fine"

"Are you and your parents okay?"

"yeah"

"are you okay?" he emphasized 'you.'

"I don't know." Then the most unexpected thing happened, Kian brought me into his arms and hugged me, tight.

"Hug me back, Kitty" and I did. For a while. His arms felt warm against me, and I could feel his steady pulse. He was calm, but I knew he had a lot on his mind. But I was thankful for this hug, it showed me reassurance.

"You're asking for way to much, Shawn!" Damon's voice grew louder. I broke apart from Kian's embrace to see what was happening. I turned to everyone and saw all of them staring tensely at Damon.

Except for Matt, he was staring at me and Kian. I nodded, as if to ask what was going on and all I received in response was a shrug.

What's wrong with him?

Who knows.

"No...how did you get ahold of her?! YOU BASTARD. HARM HER AND I WILL MAKE SURE TO RIP OUT YOUR THROAT WITH MY OWN BARE HANDS." Damon was screaming now. "that's crossing the line. This isn't the way we're set up here, hell, anywhere!! You would know that if you and your gang weren't so obsessed with breaking the god damn rules!! I could out rule you, Shawn. I have more connections with others. Don't test me." Whatever was being said on the phone must've boiled Damon's anger because he violently hung up the phone...and smashed it on the ground...then stomped on it...a few times.

"What's goin' on, Boss?" Kian asked.

"He wants too much...he has too much"

"What do you-"

"He wants drugs, territory, money..."

"and?" Sam asked.

"He wants me to turn in you two," He said directing at Kian and Sam. "He also wants Matt, Stephanie, and Mia for a trade."

"trade for what?" Matt asked.

"Otherwise he's going to make sure none of us breath again. Not just us in this room, he means our home, our territories, all the men and women working for us undercover. If we don't give him what he wants..."

"What's gonna happen if we don't comply?" I asked.

"he kills everyone, and my daughter."

--