Ten: The New Gang Members

"What do you mean you don't know who it was?!"

"It simply means I don't know who it was"

"Thanks captain obvious, but I mea-"

"It means that whoever was on the phone wasn't the guy that my fam-my gang usually deal with. This person's voice was new, and different."

"Different how?"

"Stephanie, now isn't the time to be playing 21 Questions." Kian snapped.

"Where are we going?" I finally spoke up.

"Your house"

"Why?"

"Get some clothes," he paused "and your suitcase"

"Good luck with her parents." Matt added.

"I'm not worried. Everything is already taken care of."

"What does that mean?" I whisper so only Kian could hear.

He looked at me, our eyes holding a strong connection and all I could see in his eyes was determination. "Trust me." I nodded in agreement.

I do trust him. I had to. He was the only one who knew what to do. What to say.

When we arrived at my house, Kian stopped all of us before going in. He told us to wait and slowly, yet quietly, opened the door and made sure it was safe. He looked to both sides and up the stairs, when he was sure it was safe enough to go, we all ran inside.

"Mia, hurry up and go get clothes. Stacy-"

"It's Stephanie!!!"

"Go help her get anything she needs. We need to go to your guys' house too. Hurry!" Kian's voice was a mixture of unease and panic. I ran upstairs, Steph behind me, and quickly started taking things.

"Mia...Mia...MIA!"

"WHAT?!" I snapped back to reality. "What's wrong?"

"Are you okay?"

"What?"

"Mia, I-I'm scared"

"Don't be, Steph. Kian is going to take care of us. He said he would. Why would he lie?"

"I don't know, I just..." I stopped packing and hugged my best friend.

"I'm sorry, I'm really sorry. It's my fault you're now stuck in this mess with me. I wouldn't want this to happen."

"but it did. and I'm not saying it's your fault, I'm just scared."

"We'll be okay. I promise." She smiled and we finished packing my clothes and necessities. We walked downstairs to find a very impatient Kian, and Matt.

--

Kian was able to convince both Steph and Matt's parents to let them leave with suitcases in the middle of the day. How? I have absolutely no clue. He wasn't even in there for that long. Which really caught me off guard, but I didn't have the nerve to ask questions. Kian was focused on driving to the house I stayed at a few days ago. I was really nervous, scared, so many emotions running through me I felt like I was going to puke.

don't thats gross

I won't. I just feel like it. We drove for the same amount of hours until the familiar sense of loneliness and isolation was being felt, meaning we were almost to the Pit. I wanted so bad to know what was happening. Why this was happening, what I was involved in, and most importantly, where the hell were my parents.

"What's that?" I heard Matt ask. I looked up and saw that he was looking through the windshield at our destination that was coming into view.

"That," Kian spoke slowly, "is The Pit"