Eighteen: The Encounter

Five Months Later

"I can't believe it's almost time for summer. One more week in school and we're done..for like ever." Stephanie says as we walked out of the building. We were walking to my car, ready to enjoy our last weekend as seniors.

"You fucking know it!" I hear Sam say a he jumps and puts his arm around his girlfriend. Stephanie smiles and plants a kiss on his lips. A couple weeks after everything bad happened to us, and we were all getting back to a normal life style, Sam and Stephanie had confessed their undying love for each other, resulting in them getting together. I never even knew Sam had dumped his ex-girlfriend back then.

"Ew PDA guys," I whine as I unlock my car. They smirk and open the doors, ready to climb in.

"Boo" I hear someone whisper as hands slipped through my arms and around my waist. "Missed me?" my boyfriend whispered in my ear.

"Of course I did, silly" I say as I turn around and kiss him.

"Did you miss me?"

"Not really," he smirks.

"Jerk!" I mutter, slightly hitting him on the chest

"I'm kidding babe," he says as he plants a kiss on my cheek. I smile at him and wonder how I ever got so lucky.

"Hey Charlie!" Steph says getting in the car. He wiggles his fingers like a little girl at her, causing us all to chuckle.

"Hey man" Sam greets getting in the car as well. Charlie and I both get inside and he greets Sam with a handshake this time.

"Where are we off to?" I ask the boys in the back.

"Lets fucking party!" Sam says, and Charlie seconds it.

"But first, Pizza" Steph says.

"Pizza Palace?" I ask. They all nod in excitement.

I start driving to the best pizza place in town, and I notice my friends in the car. They're all talking with each other, smiling, laughing, living life the way it's supposed to be lived; happy. I'm thinking to myself, appreciating that these people were brought into my life. Stephanie, my best friend for like ever who's been there for me through literally everything. Sam, who was there for one of the worst times of life, but never even thought of leaving. And Charlie, the guy I've grown to like...a lot.

Once life was normal again, well semi-normal considering that Kian had disappeared. He was there one day, and gone the next. With out a goodbye or a letter. The only person who knew what happened and where he is, was Damon. But considering the circumstances of the situation, he's not allowed to tell. For Kian's and Damon's own best interest. He used to always call, talked to all three of us for at least an hour. Then things started getting complicated, he was too busy or we were, he started calling a few times a week, eventually once or twice, then the calls just stopped completely. Damon explained that things needed to get done, and in no time Kian would reappear. I wanted to wait for him, I really did. Because I loved that kid-shit I still so. But meeting Charlie, it was fascinating. He moved into town, the school, he basically moved into my life. We started chatting during our Senior Writing class, then it just escalated to a friendship, to a relationship. He's amazing, he really is. He cares for me, he cares for my friends, he helps through school and life. He doesn't know about everything that happened a few months before him, but he doesn't need to.

He understands that life gets though, but that life also does move on.

"Turn here!" all three of them yelled at me before I passed the turn to the Pizza Palace.

"Damn, you almost missed it. I would've hated you for about twenty minutes." Sam teases.

"Hey, be happy I'm even letting you in my car! Last time you dropped a whole soda in the back seat and floor!"