Fifteen: Realizing

"Here" Stephanie says as she hands me a cup of coffee.

"thanks" I mumble. It's been a few hours since the ambulance arrived at the hospital, I was taken into a room to be checked because I fainted, but I convinced them that I was okay, and now I'm just sitting in the waiting room. It's almost seven in the morning and I have gotten no complete sleep in almost two days. I tried sleeping a few times, but the thought of both Kian and Matt in intensive care because of a bullet wound? I'm restless. We haven't gotten any news whatsoever, besides the change in rooms from surgery room to another room where nurses checked up on them regularly. Over ten people from the house have been coming in and out of the hospital, but no one has stayed as long as Stephanie and I have.

"...and it's just hard to believe" I refocused myself to Steph, but had no idea what she was going on about.

"I'm sorry, what were you saying?" she sighed and put her hand over my back, rubbing it.

"I'm worried too, Mia. We just need to think positive" I nodded as if I agreed, but it was hard. It was so hard.

My best friend and the guy that's made a huge impact in my life in such a short time are both on a hospital bed. And I have no idea what's going on with them. The fact that I don't know if they're going to wake up-

"Girls" I look up to see Damon standing in front of us.

"Damon" I whisper and stand up, "did you get her? Did you get Nora?" I ask breathless. He nods.

"Yeah, she's back home" catching me off guard, he opens his arms and takes me into a hug. "It's all because of you, Mia"

"I didn't do anything-"

"no but, you're the one he took. You're the one these boys loves and the one he went on a mission to find" I loose my breath, "you're the one who lead us to find Shawn and you, you're the one who was able to free my little girl"

"No, Shawn- I didn't save he-"

"Mia please, you're the reason for finding it. I will forever be grateful, and trust me, you'll never be with out a family." I loose my voice again and a few tears escape my eyes.

"Kian Lawley, and Matthias McManus?" a doctor calls out. Damon and I break apart as everyone in the room stands up and looks at him. His face is in shock, guess he's never seen so much family. "Where are his parents?"

"Me, I am the legal guardian of both of them" Damon speaks up.

"Very well," he walked up to Damon and handed him some papers, "these are what's been done to the boys, they're both doing just fine. The bullets have been removed from their bodies, but the wound has yet to heal."

"When are they going to wake up?" I ask impatiently.

The doctor looks at me and sighs, "there's no say, really.." he sees the panic in my eyes, "they're just resting honey, they're not in a coma or their death bed, they're just sleeping off the drugs they were put on after surgery," relief washed over me.

"Doctor, you're saying that they're completely fine? and once they wake up they'll be able to go home"

"that's exactly what I'm saying, besides the after pain and soreness of the wound, they're both completely fine"

"can we go in?" Stephanie asks, and the doctor nods. We walk towards their rooms, and I walk right past Matt's room towards Kian's.

Mia..

what? Kian needs me right now.

Matt needs you too.

"Mia?" Stephanie asks before I enter the room.