Sixteen: The Decision

"Nice to see you again," Shawn says as he stands in front of me.

"I wish I could say the same thing about you..wait no I don't."

"It hasn't even been a full two days, don't you miss me?"

"Miss you? Bastard you fucking shot Kian, why would I miss you?!"

"I also shot your best friend-"

"I know. I fucking know that okay."

"Lets make a deal-"

"Fuck you, I'm done with you and your bullshit deals. I'm going to walk out that door and call Damon, so he can fucking finish you off." I walk towards the door, but stopped by Shawn's fingers snapping and the two hooded people blocking the door.

"Make them move" I say with my back to Shawn.

"But you haven't heard my deal."

"Move before I punch you both in the fucking face" I whisper to them. They don't move an inch and anger starts to rise up my spine. "Fucking move!" I yell, but again no movement is made.

"Deal or I'll kil-"

"Kill me? That's your threat? You said that last time but still I'm here standing." with my back still facing him, I hear a gun be loaded and ready to fire. I squeeze my hands and slowly turn on my heel.

"what do you want" I whisper, not looking up because if I did I would look at the gun pointed at me and probably pass out.

"Only one thing." I see him lower the gun, so I look up. "I want you to choose."

"Choose?"

"If I want to hurt Damon, I'm going go have to kill someone, right?" I'm trying to process what he's saying, but it won't click. "And, I don't know. You won't make much of an effect on them. But I know two people who will."

"One of them was raised by Damon, and means a lot to the whole gang. The other one means a lot to Damon specifically, because he was raised to fight, to fend for himself. He was born to be a leader, and obviously on the way to be Damon's right hand man as soon as he gets there." he looked at me and smirked, "you're going to choose which one I kill" I start to lose my breath.

"What do I get?"

"To live"

"Who are they" He smiles at me, like he's about to enjoy my pain.

"Kian" I stop breathing, "the love of your life" he mocks.

"Don't you dare touch Kian. Kian lives, I don't care"

"Are you sure?" I look at him, "You're going to choose Kian over...your best friend..."

no

dear god

please no

"Matt" I feel dizzy and dropped to the floor.

"No, I won't choose. You can't make me. As soon as I leave here I'm calling Damon"

"The thing is, if you don't choose now. They're going to die before you even step outside this room"

What he said triggered something inside of me, that made me a whole different person. I don't know why but suddenly I felt like holding a gun and shooting him. I wanted him to feel so much pain that he couldn't handle. A killer was growing inside me. I stood up and looked directly in his eyes.

"Kill me. I was the daughter of one of his best men, what makes you think I didn't inherit all of it? I'm Damon's secret weapon, you don't want me to be alive."