Eight: The Pit

"Grab on kids, cause here we go" said the driver. He then proceeded to hit the gas pedal and go almost fifty miles above the speed limit.

If I wasn't aware of the situation, I would've guessed Kian is trying to kidnap me. It wasn't until I turned around and saw three Black Chargers coming towards us. How did I know it was for us? Because I've seen movies, and this was serious shit going down. I guess the rumors of Kian being in gangs and illegal things wasn't a lie.

"Who's the girl" asked the driver.

"She's Mia"

"I'm Mia"

"Why is she here, Kian?" he asked again, he seemed pissed off, but he was calm about it.

"When Shawn's group of bimbos were chasing me, I bumped into her and they saw me talking to her. They would've killed her if she had stayed there."

"Why would that of been any of our problem or concern?" Sam then asked.

"Don't fucking question me, Sam." Kian was getting angry, I could tell. They were going back and fourth just arguing and I just stayed quiet and continued to peel my nail polish off, which is what I do when I was scared and/or nervous. I turned around and saw one of the Chargers on our ass, and the other two on either side of us. Getting closer to the driver and passenger side.

"um Kian" I whispered.

"Besides, it's not like it would be sanitary to just leave her on the ground"

"but you wouldn't have had to worry about it, Kian"

"Stop arguing, I did what was best for her, and me, and all of us"

"um, Kian?" I whispered again.

"For fucksake, since when do you care of anyone besides yourself?"

okay now they were too close, "SORRY TO INTERRUPT YOU GUYS BUT TWO CARS TO YOUR SIDES AND ONE OF YOUR ASS AND IF YOU DONT HIT THE GAS IM AFRAID WE ARE GOING TO DIE" I screamed. Kian and Sam looked on either side, and the driver literally drove off so fast I didn't know cars went that speed.

"Sam, Kian get the guns in the back. It's time to get busy." he said.

"Mia, look at me" he said. I was loosing my breath after I heard the word guns. "Mia, I need you to lay down on the floor, okay? Just, keep your head down and breath. It's going to be okay." I nodded and did as he said. I covered my face with my arms , but that didn't stop the sound I heard next.

Gun shots going off on either side of the car. I screamed, then I passed out.

--

"This is your fault"

"shut the fuck up, I tried doing what was best."

"can you two shut up? Just be glad Shawn's dudes are off our ass and now we can go to the Pit."

These strange voices in my head, I couldn't decide whether they were real or not. I tried opening my eyes, but it was so bright I couldn't dare to do that. A soft grunt left my lips, my neck hurt really bad, and my head was throbbing.

"Kitten? Are you okay?"

"hmmmm"

"It's okay, just stay calm" I felt someone stroking my hair and it felt like all the pain was being lifted off my body.

After a few minutes, I opened my eyes and was faced with the ceiling of a car. And Kian's face. He wasn't exactly in my face, but he was the one stroking my hair and looking out the window. My head was rested on his lap and I didn't want to get up. I don't think I ever noticed how complex his face is. He was calm, he wasn't yelling or had smoke coming out of his ears. But he didn't seem like he was relaxed either. He just seemed like he was aware of everything around him, paranoid I guess. The way his eyebrows are crunched up a little but his jaw isn't tightened. He bites hit lip when he's anxious, I've noticed. He had a pretty face, and his eyes were just to die for.