Caught Up Chapter 4

Sequoia POV

1 Week Later Monday Morning 

“Quooiiiiiaaaa!” Mama Yelled. I Jumped  At The Sight Of Her In My Face As I Opened My Eyes.

“What Happened To My Alarm?” I Asked In A Horse Voice. I Always Had A Horse Voice After A Good Night Sleep But I Hated It.

“I Turned it Off.” She Said So Excitedly. 

“What, How Did You Unlock My Phone?” I Asked Squinting My Eyes At Her, Wondering How She Got My Password, Or Why Would She Even Think Of Picking Up My Phone.

“Ha, Ha, Quoia, No I Mean I Got Rid Of Your Old Phone And Bought You An iPhone.” She Explained. I Smiled As A Sign Of Relief.

I jumped Up With Joy In My Eyes And Sprinted To My Bathroom. ” I’ll Be Out In 30 Minutes!” I Yelled To Mama. “Kay Babe.” She Quickly Replied.

After I Did My Hygiene Thing I Ran To My Closet. I searched High And Low For Something To wear. I Chose A Black Loose Fitting Zip Up Shirt And A Pair Of White Skinny Jeans. My Hair Was Still Fresh From The Night Before. I Grabbed My Black Toms And A Couple Of Bracelets Heading Down The Stairs.

” You Look Gorgeous” Mama Complimented Me. Handing Me A Neckless With A Lock In The Shape Of A Heart.

“I Know” I Replied Smiling And Taking The Charm Neckless.

“Love Ya Mom” I said Kissing Her On the Cheek And Running Out Of The House.

~

I Pulled Into A Parking Space. As I Hopped Out I Felt All The Attention On ME. Everyone Could Tell I Was New To Jameswell Senior High School

“Damn Mama, I Missed You.” I Heard A Familiar Voice Behind Me. I Turned To See Who Was Standing Behind Me.

“Jermaine!” I Screamed. ” I Haven’t Seen You In A Brick” I Continued.

” I Missed You.” We Both Said Giggling.

“What Are You Doing Here?” I Asked Hugging Him. His Grip Was Tight Around My Waist.

“My Mom Moved Us Up Here Last Week. I Knew You Said You Were Moving Here, So I tried Calling But I Didn’t Get An Answer.” He Answered Slowly Pulling Back Taking A Full Look At My Body.

“Awe I Sowwy” I Said In A Babyish Voice As i Laughed. Jermaine And I Have Been Best Friends Since, Well Babies. I’m So Glad He Moved Here, Now I Won’t Be Lonely  And Plus I Missed Him Alot. 

“Whelp Let’s Get To Class Peanut.” I Giggled At His Nickname For Me.

“Ugh! I Never Really Liked That Name” I Informed Him.

“Okay, I’ll Just Have To Come Up With A New One , Mama.” He Replied

I Shook My Head Grabbed His Hand And We Began To Make Our Way Too the Front Doors. 

Loleesatia POV

“Good Morning Students, I’m Your 12th Grade English Teacher. A Few Of You May Remember Me From Last Year, When I Taught 11th Grade. And Yes You Will HAve Me Full Semester.” I Announced To My Class.

I Spotted Some Smiles From The Fellas And Some Mugs From The Ladies. But I Was On Duty Here At Work So I Shrugged Them Off. Suddenly A Hand Rose.

“Yes?” I Asked

“My Name Is Treyvonte Baby, What’s Yours. And You’re Looking Fine Today I May Add.” I Chuckled To My Self A Bit And Shook My Head.

“My Name Is Loleesatia Sm-” Before I Could Finish The Whole Class Asked, “Loleesatia, What Kind Of Name Is That?”