Caught Up Chapter 20

Mani POV

School End Of Third Period 

“What’s Up Majee?” I Said Walking Up To Him In The Hallway. His Face Looked Scared, Worried, And Pitiful All At The Same Time. He Seemed Different Today In Class, He Actually Sat And Did His Work, With No Disruptions. 

“Sup” He Replied With A Shaky Voice. 

“What’s Wrong Nigga?” I Asked Trying To Read This Look He Was Giving. It Was Screaming Help.

“Alot My Nigga.”

“I Don’t Want To Seem Like A Female, But You Wanna Talk About It?”

“As A Matter Of Fact Yea!” He Said, Then We Walked Out Of School. I Guess We Were Done With School For Today. We Walked To His Car, Hopped In And Started To Drive Off.

Before I Could Open My Mouth To Ask Him What Was Going On He  Blurted Out, ” I Kissed Ashlee.” My Eyes Widened. I Thought They Were Through. Specially Since What Had Went Down At Jas House.

“You Did What Nigga?!” I Yelled, I Was Concerned With His Life, What If Sequoia Finds Out. She Might Not Seem Crazy, But I Think She Is. She Might Kill Them Both.

“I Kissed Ashlee.” He Repeated Ever So Calmly.

“Why?”

“I Didn’t Mean To. Yesterday Sequoia Trusted Me To Spend The Day Whole Afternoon With Ashlee. And I Did. Everything Went Well….. Until I Dropped Her Off. She Started Talking About Us Being A Family. She Pecked My Lips, But Me Not Having Any In A While, I Became A Horny Dog And Went In For More.” I Just Looked At Him Like ‘Nigga You Crazy’.

“Damn, Do Sequoia Know?”

“No, I Haven’t Seen Her All Day To Tell Her. I Think Something Is Wrong, I Called Her Last Night And She Was Crying, She Sounded Scared. Men Were Yelling In The Background. She Just Kept Crying Don’t Come Over.” When I Looked Over To Majee, His Eyes Were Blood Shot Red, Tears Were Beginning To Form, But He wouldn’t Let Them Fall. I Can’t Lie, The shit He Was Saying Had Me A Little Disturbed. 

“You Tried Calling Her Today?” I Asked Rubbing My Forehead.

“Yea, But Her Phone Went To Voice Mail Every Time.” He Took A Deep Breath And Said, “I Don’t Know What To Do.”

“It’ll Be Alright Man, Just Stop Over There Later On Today.” I Said To Him. I Never Seen Him Like This Before. This Girl Has Done Something To Him, She Has His Heart. I Don’t Know If That’s Good Or Bad. 

On The Way Back To The School, Majee’s Face Became Calmer And Calmer, But The Worry Were Still In His Eyes.

“Ard Nigga Do What You Have To Do. Call Me Later.” I Yelled To Majee As I Headed Back To My Car. He Just Lifted His Hand And Nodded His Head. We Made It Back To School 1 Minute Before The End Of The Day Bell. 

My Nigga Majee Was In Too Deep. He Has A Baby On The Way, He Kissed His Ex, And His New Girl Will Fuck Him Up If She Found Out, Plus She Got A Lot Of Drama Going On That Worries Majee.

On The Way To My Car I seen Jasmine Walking Up To Me. 

“Hey, You Seen Majee?” She Asked Giving Me A Hug. I Didn’t Know If I Should Lie Or Not, I Mean There Was No Real Reason To Lie.

“Yea, He Just Pulled Off, Why?”

“Nothing Really, Sequoia Called ME Looking For Him. She Said His Line Was Busy Every Time She Tried Calling. Majee Just Wasn’t Himself Today. I Asked Maurice If He Knew What Was Up, But He Had No Idea. Do You?” Now I Found A Reason To Lie.