Chapter 30 - His Story

I ripped the extra shirt I had in my sports bag in half, giving one piece Romeo for his bleeding nose and using the other one to carefully clean his wounds, that my brother has caused. When they had stopped fighting after my... confession, I finally got the chance to get my brother off my boyfriend and helped him get up, so he could sit down on the stairs and investigate the damage that Cody has caused. Romeo seemed in some sort of trance, as I gently pulled him by the arm and guided him over to the steps carefully. It seemed, like he didn't even care about his wounds anymore, like the pain didn't even matter, he was just starring right ahead as if he just witnessed a murder or something like that, not even really acknowledging my gentle grip on his arm anymore.

My hands were trembling as I too was in a bit of a shock state. First, I had to confess to my brother, that I, who was supposably straight, was dating his best fucking friend, who just so happened to be a guy. And then the truth about my past had slipped out. I wasn't ready for either of those secrets to be exposed yet. And it wasn't like a stranger had found them out, which would have been bad enough. No, the two people, I was most nervous about finding each secret out, just so happened to be the first ones to, and by accident as well. Whoever send that damn photo, didn't even know the damage they have caused by that. Or maybe they did and were very pleased with themselves. I didn't know, if I was more anxious for Romeos or my brothers reaction to the news. 

Cody was still sitting on the ground, panting with red puffy eyes, worn out from the fight and that emotional rollercoaster. He looked over to me and my boyfriend, still a little skeptical as if he wasn't sure, if all of this was just a joke or maybe Romeo had manipulated me into saying all of that somehow. Or maybe he just couldn't believe it yet. Me and his best friend. Me and a guy. 

I took a good look at Romeos cheek, where there was a nasty cut, before I took my piece of fabric and gently dipped the blood away, while Romeo held his half of the shirt against his bleeding nose, unfazed by me touching his cut, which must have hurt like a bitch. I wanted to explain myself, I wanted to cry and I wanted to tell Romeo everything was ok. But I couldn't. Not in front of my brother and not while I didn't know how he felt. Finally, Cody snapped out of his trance and slowly made his way over to us, sitting down next to me, now also starring ahead. Great. I was now sandwiched between two very overwhelmed guys, neither of them saying anything at all. Wow. Love that for me.

I turned to my brother and wanted to give him a reassuring smile, but he wasn't even looking at me at all, which wasn't a good sign, I guess. He seemed fine, I mean, as fine as you can be in his situation, but he wasn't physically hurt at all, so I paid attention to my very damaged boyfriend again, caring for his wounds, while he obviously didn't think about himself right now. I didn't know, if he was shocked, disgusted, hurt, sad, angry or just didn't care anymore. Maybe this was the end to our oh so beautiful relationship and I wanted to ask, what he was thinking, but I couldn't find the strength to do so. I was scared out of my mind, but I needed to keep it together for the both of us, the three of us, actually. The silence was killing me and I didn't know, if I should break it or not. 

"Is it true?" Cody finally asked, still not looking at neither Romeo nor me. We both turned our head to look at him. 

This was the first reaction from Romeo since he heard what had.. actually happened to me. We both looked a little confused, since we didn't know, who he meant with that question. "Are you two.. you know.. dating?" Cody asked, now looking directly at his best friend. Or maybe ex best friend now, who knows at this point. 

"Yeah..." Romeo said in a low, almost shaky voice, before he faced the ground again. 

"And you.. love each other?" Cody asked, frowning this time, as if he couldn't believe it himself, that he was actually asking us that question. It surly must have been weird for him.