Chapter 9 - A simple Date

I bit my lip nervously as I starred out of the window. Sitting in one car, oh so close to Romeo, was driving me insane. I didn't even know what to say, how to start a conversation. It was Romeo after all. 

We had never really talked before. And I didn't want to ask something lame like: what hobbies do you have, besides hitting people of course. 

Romeo, on the other hand, seemed very calm. He kept his eyes on the road and focused on that and only that. This was a mistake, how was I so stupid to go on a fucking date with this guy, a guy? What if he just pulls over and wants to fuck, then what?? My anxiety was rising at a steady pace. I was so close to getting a panic attack right in that fucking car with Romeo. Hell to the Fuck no. 

I had to look at him. It seemed to calm me down and maybe, if we just talked like normal people, everything was going to be fine? I took a deep breath before looking at Romeo. I immediately caught his gaze. What the fuck?? For how long was he looking at me? And not the street!! There was someone crossing it OH GOD! 

"Watch out!" I yelled as Romeo appruptly, but with a calm smile on his face, brought the car to a stop and let the woman cross the street. I looked at him in disbelieve. He was fucking reckless. 

"You almost had us killed, what the fuck?!" I yelled like a hysterical wife. 

"Then don't be so nervous" he calmly replied as he started driving again.

"I am not nervous" I lied. 

He really was good at reading me. And I had to admit, he had saved me from a panic attack, ironically by nearly killing us. 

"So uh where are we going anyway?" I asked, trying to lighten the mood again.

"Its a surprise" he said with a cheeky smile on his face, still his eyes on the road fortunately. I groaned a little. Of course he wouldn't tell me. God damn it, how was he this controlling. And why did I let him? 

"You look cute tonight" he said, snapping me out of my thoughts. 

Me? Cute? Was he serious?? I wasn't cute I was smoking hot god damn it! But still Romeo calling me cute? I blushed a little. 

"Y-You look also very good. As always" I said trying to act as cool as I could but it ended up sounding very awkward. Jesus Blake. But I meant it. Although 'very good' was the understatement of the century.

"Thanks" he slightly chuckled. 

He ran his fingers through his hair, revealing a sliver earring. I had never noticed that he had one before, maybe he just didn't wear it to school? It looked fucking amazing though. Such a cliché, wearing an earring and fucking rocking it, of course. 

"Listen. I know this is a little weird cause your are Codys brother and all that. Lets just pretend its not, ok? " he said, clenching his jaw slightly. So he was very aware of how absurd this whole situation was? At least he was realistic. I nodded slowly, before looking out the window again. It was weird for me as well. And the whole 'confused about my sexuality' thing didn't help that at all. 

We pulled into a weird, similar to a drive through, looking entry. Was he kidnapping me? He definitely was kidnapping me. 

He stopped at the little window, where a young boy, maybe one grade below me, was standing in a cinema similar uniform behind a cashier. He didn't even really look at us before mumbling "20 dollars" 

"Really?" Romeo replied calmly, not even flinching to look for his wallet. He took a deep intimidating look at the boy. He flinched at the husky voice of Romeo, that he apparently recognized. He looked so shocked when he realized who was sitting in the car in front of him. There was a pause.