Chapter Five

Opening his eyes, George found himself in front of his distraught girlfriend and his clothes once again in tatters. "W.. What happened?" He groaned, placing a meaty hand on his forehead. "Did that gluttonous thing get to me again?"

"Well.. Uhhhh... I guess in a way."

"What do you mean in a way? Was this all just some big prank to try and get me to stop hogging all the food?"

"Boy how I wish that was the case. Well to put it straight, turns out you're that gluttonous thing. WereBlubber as we call it." John explained.

The younger guitarist didn't know how to react to this news, he was thankful that he wasn't constantly being abducted by an obese monster and fattened up into a meal, but now he worried that he might try doing just that to his friends or girlfriend. "I.. I'm a freak.." He mumbled, backing away from the others.

"Georgie, it'll be alright.."

"How can I be alright?! All of a sudden I've been cursed to turn into this.. Fat werewolf thing! What did I do to deserve this?!" He snapped, clawing at anyone who got close.

Pattie was the only one out of the four who dared to approach him, despite all his protests, she held him in her arms. He bloated up some more after the last binge and felt like a plush teddy bear now. "We're going to find out who did this to you and why. I'm sure it was just a misunderstanding and they will change you back in an instant." She assure to him, stroking his puffy cheeks. "Besides, you look really cute with your plumpness."

"I.. I do?. But look at me.."

"You're still the loving, sweet man I met on the movie set. Just because you look different on the outside, doesn't mean you're any different on the inside. And what changed in your appearance isn't bad at all."

Smiling a little, George kissed her cheek and hugged back. "You're the best Pattie.. But what if there's no cure for this WereBlubber thing?. What if I'm stuck transforming every night for the rest of my life?"

"There will be a way to stop this, if the perpetrator won't help you, we'll find our own way to get rid of your monstrous form."

"First things first, we'll need suspects. Oh! And new clothes for Georgie again, maybe something stretchable this time." Paul remarked. "Take another step and everything will come apart. Pattie you got any men's wear?"

"Ah, I think I've got the perfect outfit for him." Rushing to the clothing rack, she pulled out a baggy orange shirt with a green collar and a pair of loose, black trousers. "These should fit, as well as make you look extra cute."

"I dunno, makes me look like some kind of cartoon character made on drugs." George replied, he was about to put them on right then and there before he realized his bandmates were still with him. "Um, a little privacy if you don't mind."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Beatles decided to split up, John and Paul made their way back to the pastry shop to look for suspects while Pattie and Ringo went to a local library in hopes to find conditions similar to what George had, the youngest Beatle in question was getting some sleep back at the house.

"Looks like they're just about to open, time to ask around." John smiled. "'Scuse me sir, you remember us right?"

"Huh? Oh hello Mr. Lennon! I didn't expect you four to come back here, back for some more éclairs?" The owner asked, getting a table ready for them.

"We'll take some to go, but we're mostly here because of.. Well, you been reading the news lately?"

"About that horrid fiend eating everything in sight? Absolutely! I'm just thankful it hasn't come here yet, you think you might have a lead on why it's here?"

"We hope so anyways. Have you ever had any weird cloaked figures show up? Our Georgie bumped into one just two days ago." Paul asked.

"Not that I know of, unless it's Halloween that is. Wait, I think we did have an old lady who came at least once a week, she was always dressed in the same all black outfit unless it was really dark out. Guess she had some kind of light sensitivity. Never wore a whole cloak however, but I hope that's good enough."

"Did she ever leave anything? Like maybe a name or address?"

"She hardly uttered a word, but maybe she'll turn up today and you can go see if she knows anything. But I doubt she's the one responsible for that demon arriving here."

"Alright.. Hopefully Ringo and Pat are having better luck than us."

Meanwhile the two arrived back home with stacks of books. "Got stuff on lycanthropy, curses, weight gain and the like. Gotta be something in one of these about a WereBlubber too." Ringo hoped, opening a book.

"I'm sure of it, George's depending on us. Ah, here's a chapter on transformation curses. Hopefully there's a list of cures too.."

Looking over at her sleeping boyfriend, Pattie noticed he began to squirm and whine in his sleep. "Must be having a bad nightmare.. Don't worry Georgie, you'll be your normal self soon enough."