Chapter Two

Wasn't long before the sun started to set. "I don't know about you guys, but I'm exhausted." George yawned.

"Already? You're usually the one who stays up latest out of all of us." Ringo pointed out. "I blame your all night Hitchcock movie marathons, they'd keep anyone wide awake for days on end."

"I'm just tired. Guess all those heavy pastries and the usual idiot reporters boring us to death really took a toll."

"Well at least you're not stay up past midnight again." John cooed, ruffling his hair. "Sleep well Georgie Porgie. If you need anything, just call for us."

"Grr, John I told you to stop.. Goodnight." George grumbled, trudging over to his bed. "Too bad we don't get any privacy in this rental house."

And he wasn't exaggerating, the flat the Beatles all vacationing in was just one giant room with four different sections fit to each member's likening. Such as John's having a bookshelf that was really just filled with his own works, Paul with his piano (for some reason instead of music sheets he uses comic books when playing, George guessed he just likes to read and play at the same time.) Ringo has all the snack machines and George has his own indoor garden, sure it's just a patch of grass now, but he's hoping to put some flowers in there soon.

"I guess we should get to bed too, Brian did say he wants us to be ready for an interview early tomorrow morning." Ringo informed the others.

"Another one? We really gotta have a break sometime soon, we just did another interview after lunch today." Paul groaned.

"Well this one's supposed to be a radio interview, so hopefully we meet with someone who won't ask if you're related to a Venus flytrap." John chuckled.

"Hrmpf! A flytrap indeed! All because I happen to have my mouth open a lot."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The peaceful, quiet night came to an abrupt halt when the Beatles awoke to their window breaking. "Ah! Someone must have broke in!!" Paul panicked, grabbing his bass to use as a bat.

But when the lights came on, there was no intruder in sight. "Weird.. No shards of glass are on the floor either."

"But the window's clearly broken.. Hey where's George?"

The older three Beatles were shocked, but none were as worried as John. He did tease the younger guitarist quite a bit before, but he did really care for George and if anyone dared to so much as lay a finger on him, they'd feel his wrath.

"Window must have been broken from the inside, meaning someone snuck in and kidnapped him!! No time to lose Beatles! We got a guitarist to save!"

As they went on their search for the youngest bandmate, there was a beast on the prowl. And a big one at that. He was sniffing around for something to satisfy his appetite, gorging on anything edible in reach. People passing by instantly scattered when they saw such a grotesque sight, not wanting to get in between this monster and his next meal.

His hunt continued all throughout the night, but once the sun rose above the horizon, the beast vanished from sight. However the destruction left in his wake from his gluttony was still visible for all to see, this got John, Paul and Ringo especially worried for their little Georgie.

It was a relief to them when they found him asleep in some bushes, his clothes were torn apart quite a bit, but had no wounds of any kind. "At least he's alright.. But what's with his paunch?" Paul pointed out, poking George's swollen belly.

"Must still be digesting all that food from yesterday.. But we better get him cleaned up and dressed before anyone sees him like this." John replied, picking up George and carrying him back to their flat. "Nnn.. What happened? Oh.. Did someone attack?"

"It.. It was horrid.. There was this giant.. Well more like obese demon out there.. It was eating everything in sight, it wasn't anything we've ever seen before. Hopefully it doesn't strike again.." A passerby stuttered, trying to clean up whatever was left from the monster's rampage.

"Demon you say? Probably just some criminal in a suit trying to scare everyone away from some scheme they're pulling." Ringo joked.

"I doubt it, that.. Thing cared about nothing but food. I'd not go outside if I were you.."

"Yeah yeah, we'll let you know if we see anything of the like. But first things first, Georgie needs us!"

George would have made yet another offhand grunt about how he could take care of himself, but after hearing about a hungry monster on the loose, he didn't want to be too far from his mates.