Chapter 22

Just letting you know I spent the entire day on this chapter... which is not my usual but I got it done!

Enjoy!

Maddie and Grayson outfit at the bottom!!

|| ✨ ||

"You have five more minutes. Go over your work, make sure your name is at the top of your paper or I will give you zero," My AP Biology teacher announced to the class as we finished our last standardized test.

I had finished it and gone over every answer three minutes ago and now I was sitting there in silence pretending to go over it for a second time.

Grayson was currently in his physics class doing his own standardized test. I had invited him to come over after school so I could help him study for his History test tomorrow. My parents and I were leaving on Friday, straight after school, for New York for Thanksgiving break.

Charlotte and I had spent the whole weekend on Facetime going over our plan. Jackson and Charlotte were going to meet us at Grandma Vicky's house for a late dinner and then we would leave my parents there while Jackson drove us to their apartment in the city.

"Pencils down." My teacher's voice interrupted my thoughts. She walked around the room picking up each paper separately to avoid any last minute cheaters. The final bell rang a minute after she had collected all the pages and dismissed us.

I walked out of the classroom, my bag packed and my folder in my arms when my phone started vibrating. I slipped it out of my bag and glanced at the Caller ID before answering. "Tess?"

"Oh thank fuck, I couldn't remember when you finished school." She said by way of greeting.

I held one hand over my other ear trying to block out the sounds of the students crowding the halls. "Uh, yeah I just stepped out of my last class."

"Great. Question. How do you feel about Aladdin?"

I paused thinking that I had misheard her. "The movie?"

She sighed. "The Broadway show."

"Never seen it." Further down the hall I saw SJ, Grayson and Olympia stepping around the corner and walking up to Spencer and Rosie.

"Yeah no shit, I'm asking if you would be willing to go see it."

"You didn't even ask that, idiot! And why are you going to watch Aladdin?" I asked, running a hand over my high ponytail, making sure there were no stray pieces out of place.

"Daph loves the movie so I thought I would take her to see the show," she answered a little begrudgingly like that was the last thing she wanted to do.

I shrugged even though she couldn't see me. Grayson spotted me in the crowd and spoke to his friends before they made their way over to me. I turned to face the locker so as not to get distracted. "I'll go watch it."

"Good, I'll order the tickets now. When are you guys getting to New York?" She asked, her voice suddenly loud drowning out the background noises.

"Late Friday night, why?"

"Daphne and I can only get there on the Wednesday because I'm working on a case and she can't get out of nursing shift until then."

"Well that's fine, as long as you're at Thanksgiving," I offered just as hands wrapped around my waist from behind. My face scrunched in confusion at the more feminine hands touching me and when I turned I should not have been shocked to see SJ with a suggestive smirk on her face. I rolled my eyes. "Just forewarning, tell mom and dad before the last minute."