Chapter 47

Hi Babes!

Anyone watch Shadow and Bone?? I love Kaz Brekker so bloody much!

I have been in a 1D mood for the last few days and I'm not sorry about it.

I'm saying this one more time: I DON'T KNOW HOW MANY MORE CHAPTERS THERE WILL BE! I would say maybe between ten and fifteen if I'm being truly honest but hell, it could be more.

Enjoy!

|| ✨ ||

By Friday Grayson had avoided me thoroughly. Dana and I sat in the library for lunch twice, giving him space to laugh and talk with his friends because every time we sat with them he was silent or, when SJ forced him to participate, he ignored me. I had stopped trying to talk to him by Friday.

School had finished a few minutes ago and I stood in front of my locker, exchanging books for the ones I would need for this weekend. The school was emptying slowly and I was due to meet SJ by my car in the parking lot.

"Miss Hayes," Miss Stockil called from the doorway to her classroom. She waved a hand enthusiastically for me to join her in the classroom. I nodded my head and shut my locker, dodging the lone students walking through the hallways.

Miss Stockil was probably my favorite teacher in this school. Although she was a 'free spirit' that loved to dress like she was living in the seventy's, she didn't take crap from any of the students. Her age made it seem like she would be a pushover since she was only a few years older than Tessa but she didn't let any of the stereotypical assholes intimidate her, the other lot loved her dearly because she actually cared about us, unlike other teachers who were there for the paycheck regardless if you passed their class.

When I walked into the classroom she was sitting on her desk, sitting cross-legged. She looked up at me and grinned, her brunette hair falling over her shoulders in loose curls. "Maddie, I just wanted to bring you in here to personally congratulate you on that awesome paper you turned in last week," she said, fanning herself with said paper, a big fat A+ circled in red.

I smirked and strolled over, snatching the paper from her hands, staring at the words I had written. "Thanks."

She flicked her wrist in dismissal to my thanks. "It was all you, besides, I am a bit biased when it comes to the destruction of Romeo and Juliet, that play annoyed the hell out of me." Miss Stockil leaned back on her hands and dangled one leg off the desk. "I mean, teenagers dying for love? Gag me with a spoon," she grumbled with an eye roll. "If you want a love story, let's talk about Pride and Prejudice, now that is a slow burn I'm willing to suffer through."

I chuckled, shaking my head at her informality. "Romeo and Juliet were children that were infatuated with each other, their love last three days and ended in seven deaths including their own," I stated, paraphrasing from the paper in my hands. "Love is not worth all that trouble," I muttered, shoving the paper in my handbag.

Miss Stockil held up her hands in surrender. "Hey now, that's not all true. Love is not something you can just disregard like it's a sickness. There are so many variations of love around us and knowing that you're willing to do anything for them, good or bad depending on the situation, is beautiful."

I raised my eyebrows for less than a second. "Right, well I have to go, see you Monday Miss Stockil."

She raised her hand in a wave. "Pray for me, I'm asking my freshmen class on Monday what they think is the greatest love story!"

"Let's hope none of them say Twilight," I added with a smirk over my shoulder and walked out of her classroom.

"Oh God please no!" She moaned, her voice echoing down the hallways.