Chapter 1

To new beginnings!

Okay, so I'm only saying this once. I know the story is set far into the future but I am not a time traveler so I have no idea what the world will be like then so I am treating this story as though it's written nowadays than in an unrealistic future. Cool?

As per my new tradition, I will reply to any comment posted within the next 48hrs!! I can't wait to see what you all think!

Enjoy!

                                    || Chapter 1 ||

I was ready to kill someone. "Oh my gosh, Maddie, I am so sorry! I just tripped over something, I didn't mean it-," the frantic freshman apologized, stumbling over her words.

"It's fine," I snapped at her, "Go away." I dismissed her with a wave of my hand and looked down at the juice stain growing on my white cashmere sweater. Thank God it didn't get on my tan coat or my black jeans.

"Fucking freshman," Natasha, my best friend, scoffed next to me, glaring at any person that walked past us.

"She was tripped Tash, calm down," I chuckled, taking the tissue from her outstretched hand.

She shrugged, closing her handbag, "I'm just saying that freshmen need to learn their place here."

I rolled my eyes as I dabbed at my shirt with a pout. This is going to have to be dry cleaned. I looked up from my spot in front of my locker and noticed Grayson Adams standing with his friends. They weren't even trying to contain their laughter when they looked in my direction. I narrowed my eyes at the smirk that played on Grayson's lips and startled in realization. He made eye contact with me and winked.

My jaw automatically clenched in response and I found myself walking up to him confidently, Natasha trailed behind me.

"Grayson Adams, I should've known." I gave him a close-lipped smile in greeting.

He nodded his head in greeting and pushed off the locker he was just leaning against, "Hey Munchkin, fancy seeing you here." His friends stood behind him quietly with excited grins.

"At school? In a crowded hallway? Sounds like a one-in-a-million meetup to me," I answered with a fake smile. "Anyway, I just wanted to thank you for tripping that freshman into me, my shirt needed a splash of color." The sarcasm in my voice was dry as I peeled the sticky shirt away from my chest. Looking up, I saw that almost all his friends, including Grayson himself, were staring at my chest. Pigs.

"Hey, I see a problem and I fix it, you're welcome," he bowed low, slightly moving his hands in front of him.

"And you're pathetic." My lip curled in disgust when he stood back up, his smirk was still in place. I turned away, letting my hair whip him in the face. I heard him sputtering as I walked away with my head held high. The other students dodged out of my way.

"See you in class, Munchkin, save me a seat, would you?" He hollered down the hallway, knowingly making everyone stare in interest.

I barely glanced at him over my shoulder, "I'm in all AP classes this year, so I definitely know I won't be seeing you," I winked at him and continued down the hallway. I looked over at Natasha with a grimace. "I need to get my backup shirt from my car, I know there's only one more class left but I can't sit in this sticky shirt for an hour," I shuddered and she nodded in agreement, said goodbye, and headed for her last class.

The wind was blowing roughly as I stepped outside, which made the wet stain on my shirt freeze my skin. It was a little early in the fall for cold weather to hit us yet but when I looked at the weather forecast this morning, I didn't want to take any chances.