Epilogue Part 2

Hi Babes,

I will say this once and once only! There will be no ages for all the grandchildren (Lizzie etc.) because honestly it's a lot of math and I'm not here for it. There will be a list at the bottom of the grandchildren in age order.

Epilogue Part 1 was for the friends, Part 2 is for the family.

Enjoy.

|| ✨ ||

Somewhere in the future...

"Kids! Time to come down now, everyone will be here any minute!"

"Mom, can I have a snack?" Came from the top of the stairs.

A smile tugged at the corners of my lips. "Rowan, you can wait five minutes for when the others get here," I called from the bottom of the stairs.

A loud huff sounded. "Fine."

Little footsteps thumped down the stairs and I glanced up. "Evie, baby, that isn't the outfit I set out for you," I said, giving her outfit a once over.

Evie twirled in her fairy dress, a bright smile on her face. "That dress didn't have wings," she stated matter of factly.

"And the unicorn slippers?" I asked dryly.

Her lips pursed together. "I like them."

"Well, I think you look stunning, bubs." Strong arms wrapped around my waist from behind me and I bit my lip with an eye roll.

Evie grinned and curtsied, her blue eyes shining. "Thank you, Daddy." Without another word, she ran off into the living room.

I gripped the hands at my waist and twisted in his arms. "She's supposed to wear that for her ballet recital next month."

Grayson grinned. "From what I recall, you used to wear outfits like that all the time in kindergarten," he said slyly, "So you have no leg to stand on."

"Shut up," I mumbled, wrapping my arms around his neck. "If she spills anything on it, you can stay up all night handwashing it."

"Rude," he whispered, leaning forward and kissing me softly. I ran my fingers through his hair and gripped the short strands at the nape of his neck. He bit my bottom lip before pulling away. "What time is everyone getting here?"

I shrugged, not wanting to let go of him. "Five minutes?"

"Is the birthday girl dressed?" He whispered, brushing his lips over mine.

"Of course she is, she's sitting in the kitchen." I pressed my lips to his again, smiling through the kiss.

A loud thud broke us apart, the sound coming from the kitchen followed by a cry. "Mama! Rory threw her bottle on the ground," Evie called from the kitchen.

I groaned at the interruption and Grayson peppered my face with kisses. "Let me go see what the queen wants," I said softly, tilting my head so his lips caught mine in a quick kiss. I pulled away and walked into the kitchen.

"It's okay, Rory," Evie whispered, standing on her tiptoes and patting Rory's hand softly while holding the bottle for her to drink.

My mouth quirked to the side in a smile at seeing Evangeline being a good big sister and I took a moment to watch the two of them interact.

Evie continued to help Rory drink from her bottle. Evie's face lit up when she saw me. "Mama look! I'm feeding her!"

I scrunched my nose with a grin. "I see that and you're doing such a good job, baby," I said placing my hands on her head and kissing it softly. Rory spat out her bottle and bounced in her seat, lifting her arms in the air. "Is the birthday girl finished?" I cooed, unbuckling her from her high chair and hoisting her into my arms, positioning her on my hip. "How old is little Aurora today, Evie?"