Chapter Forty-Six

Colton kisses me in the way that makes my knees weak. He cups my face in his hands and kisses me softly and deeply. I don't hesitate to kiss him back and I wrap my arms around his shoulders and press closer to him.

I don't know what changed or why Colton's kissing me, but I can't seem to care. All I can focus on is how right it feels.

I take Colton's bottom lip between mine and press closer to him. His kiss deepens and becomes more passionate. I slip my hands under his shirt and my hands run over his abs. Colton pulls away and takes his shirt off and then he's kissing me deeply. My back hits the door and Colton pins my arms above my head.

His lips move away from mine and trail down my neck. I can't help the smile that takes over my face because it's like we're back in high school. My arms are around Colton's bare shoulders and I'm holding on desperately to him and pressing closer.

Colton's hands slip under my dress and I gasp and hold onto him. His mouth comes back to mine and my eyes flutter shut. Rain starts pouring down but Colton keeps kissing me until we're both sopping wet.

I pull my mouth away from his. "We should go inside," I whisper and he nods. We stumble inside and Colton's chest is to my back. He keeps his arms wrapped around my waist and he's kissing my neck again. 

"We should finish the...dishes," I say.

"If you want to," Colton murmurs against my neck.

"We can do them later." I shiver against Colton.

"Are you cold?" he asks.

"Kind of." My dress is wet and cold, but Colton is warm.

"What do you want to do?" he asks. I shiver again.

"I..." I trail off. I'm so distracted by Colton. His hands slip under my dress again and find my hips. His fingers are hot against my skin.

"I can stop," Colton says. "We don't have to—"

"No," I say quickly. "I want to."

My heart is beating so quickly. I pull out of his grip and turn around so we're facing each other. I push my hair back behind my ears and my eyes linger on Colton's.

"Just tell me one thing," I say to Colton slowly. He nods. "Please don't leave when I fall asleep."

Colton doesn't say anything for a minute and his chest is rising and falling quickly. "I...I won't," he tells me. "I promise."

I release a breath I didn't know I was holding. I pull my dress off slowly and Colton's eyes are locked on mine. My dress drops on the ground. Colton swallows. I step closer to Colton and I take his hand into mine. I run my thumb along his palm and then I bring his hand to my lips. I trail kisses along his palm. Colton's breathing quickens.

Colton pulls his hand out of mine and he kisses me deeply. Colton lifts me up and I wrap my legs around his waist. We don't stop kissing as he carries me down the hallway. Colton pushes the door to our bedroom shut and he sets me down on the bed.

"Are you sure?" Colton asks.

I nod. "Yes, yes," I tell Colton as I unhook my bra. "Of course."

**************************

When I wake up, Colton's not next to me. I sit up and I see him sitting outside. There's a door from our room that leads outside. I lay back down and bite my lip with a smile as I look up at the ceiling.

Something is different this time. I know Colton and I are going to be okay. He didn't leave and I can't keep a smile off my face. I stand up and slip Colton's shirt on. I walk over to the door and open it.