Chapter 68

Tris P.O.V.

I walk down the hallway of my school one last time. Slowly, I make my way to my locker. I remove the pictures and magnets that are on the door. I take them to my car and look at the red cap and gown hanging inside.

Today, is the graduation ceremony. It officially marks the end of High school. I look across the parking lot to where my friends are all standing together in their caps and gowns. With the way they are all laughing and joking around you never would think we were all leaving each other in two months. I put on the cap and gown and join them.

When I walk up, Tobias puts his arms around me. We chat about random things until they call for all the seniors to walk to the football field. We each take our seat and wait for our names to be announced.

When my name is announced, I walk up slowly. I take the certificate and shake everyone's hand. Then, I glance up at the bleachers. My parents are sitting in them. My mother quickly waves and I return the gesture, a tear rising in my eye. I hurry off as Caleb's name is called.

At the end, we all throw off our caps. This is is. We did it.
Okay, so I wasn't really sure how to make this longer. I just felt like this chapter didn't require a lot of dialogue. Please comment and vote!

Disclaimer: Veronica Roth owns Divergent, not me.