Chapter 17

Tris POV

Four and I walk up the fire escape. When we walk pass the little girl's window, she is standing there sticking her tongue out at us. I giggle and Four sticks his tongue out at them. We get to his window but he stops.

"Tris, I want you to call me Tobias. You don't have to in front of anyone else but just when we're alone," he tells me.

"I'd love to, Tobias" I say. I stand on my toes and kiss his cheek. Then, we knock on the window and to get everyone's attention. They run over and open it. Uriah and Zeke take the food and coffee and run away. We all laugh at how immature they can be. We crawl through and Tobias bolts off.

"So, what happened while we were gone?" I ask, while getting a sausage biscuit from the bag.

"We were talking about going to the arcade today," Christina says.

"Yeah! And I'm getting that purple monkey!" Uriah says between gulps of coffee. We laugh and finish eating. Then everyone goes to get dressed and leave Tobias and I alone. He puts his arm around me and kisses my forehead.

"I want the purple monkey more than, Uriah," Tobias says. I laugh. He and Uriah have had an on going battle to see who can get the stuffed monkey first.

"What would you do if you won it?" I ask, looking up at him. He puts on a cute face and pretends to think.

"Well, I would put him in weird places to scare Uriah like the refrigerator or something. I don't really know. I would just figure out a way to make him jealous," He says. I laugh at how weird my friends are.

"You know he would steal it right?" I ask. He just laughs but he knows it's the truth. One time, Christina won a unicorn toy at the fair and he stole it from her because he wanted it more than she did. Or at least that's what he claims. Zeke showed us a picture one time of him sleeping with it.

"He would end up sleeping with it," Tobias says.

"I would not!" Uriah yells while walking into the room. I turn around and laugh at his reaction.

"What would you do with the monkey then?" Tobias asks.

"It's hard tell. Maybe I'll wear it as a hat," Uriah asks. Tobias doesn't have his arm around me anymore so Uriah comes and sits down between us.

"You know, you two would make a cute couple," he says, looking between us. We didn't tell any of our friends that we're dating now. We plan on keeping it a secret.

"Uriah! You can't play match maker without me!" Christina says, walking out of the bathroom. She enjoys setting people up. She throws her stuff down in the kitchen and runs into the living room. She sits down between me and Uriah.

"Come on! Have you two seen how popular you are on Facebook?" Uriah asks.

"Unfortunately, we have seen that the whole school and your mom wants us to get together," Tobias says.

"You two are a lot alike. I'm like a fortune teller. You have prom court wrote all over you," Uriah says. I roll my eyes and laugh at my two closest friends. They really are trying.

"I'm going down to my car. Whoever wants to ride with me can come down. I'll be waiting," I exclaim. This time, I go out his front door and take the elevator down. And wait for my friends.

§§§

We've been playing games for at least two hours. We're the only ones in here except for an older lady with her grandchildren. I haven't played many games. I've just been watching Tobias, Zeke, and Uriah compete in silly games. I've had my luck on the wheel of fortune games, though.

I'm carrying around a cup of tokens and hundreds of tickets. If the guys would save their tickets they might could win a monkey or even something better. They win about 2,000 tickets every time they come here. They monkey is about 5000.

I give Four his tickets and walk over to a game where you spin a giant wheel and it lands on a certain amount of tickets. I put in 50 cents and spin the wheel. It lands on 50 tickets. I put in more change and it spins around again. This time, it lands on 4. I need to stop wasting my money on things like this but I concede to the games beckoning and put in more change. I spin the wheel and it lands on-

NO WAY! I got 1000 tickets. Christina comes over and starts cheering. The guys come over from ski ball with their jaws dropped. I pick up the tickets and act like nothing happened. I go around and begin to play other games and apparently I have very good fortune. I do really good on all of the other games.

When I run out of tokens, I walk over to the machine that counts them. I stick the tickets in the little hole and press the button when I'm out. I look at the ticket and see that my fortune really is good today. I got 5,116 tickets. I walk over to the guys and act like I don't have enough for their dream prize.

"TRIS! Come help me with this game!" Uriah exclaims.

"Nah, I'm good," I say. He turns around long enough to give an evil face but quickly looks away to go back to his game.

"How many tickets did you get, Tris?" Tobias asks. He turns and tries to look at me ticket.

"Um, just a couple thousand," I say, trying to act like it isn't much. He steals the slip of paper and looks at it.

"5,116 tickets? We've been trying for forever to get that many!" He exclaims. He runs off with the ticket and tries to steal my work. I chase him out of the arcade and down to the mini golf place further down the pier. He is crouched down between railings, trying to hide. I chase him and corner him. I kiss him and he doesn't notice that I've grabbed the ticket from his hand. I pull back.

"You really shouldn't put your guard down when your hiding stuff," I say, backing up. I hold up the ticket and run back to the arcade. I hurry over to the counter and claim my monkey. Then, I get a lot of candy with my extra tickets. I walk over to my friends and put the arms around my neck and it's legs around my waist. I loved getting these things when I was little.

"Who wants ice cream?" I ask.

"ME! ME! ME!" Uriah and Zeke yell while jumping around. We all walk towards the ice cream parlor together. Tobias and I drift to the back of our little crowd. He puts his arm around me and kisses my forehead when no one is looking. We all go in and finish our day together with ice cream. But, not without having to keep my monkey safe from the 18-year old goof balls that I call my friends.

So? What do you think? I hope you all enjoy it! I just wanted to add a chapter where they all did something fun other than Truth or Dare. I have some ideas for later in the story. But I need still need some ideas.

Disclaimer: I am not Veronica Roth so therefore, I do not own Divergent.