Chapter 23

Tris P.O.V.

I moan. The pain hurts but it is not the reason. I hear my name called from the front of the house and I know I'm busted. I inhale the smell of Tobias's black shirt before I look at the doorway. I look into Tobias's eyes for comfort but I only find concern. I look at the door and see my father.

"Beatrice Prior! You get back in this house now!" He exclaims, anger making his voice. I motion for Tobias to put me down and he does. I walk over to the front of house and my father closes the door. I look my over to wear Tobias was standing and he is walking over to where Zeke's truck is sitting. My father motions for me to go inside but I sit down on the steps, refusing to look at him.

"I'm not going in there," I state in a monotone voice.

"You will do what I see, Beatrice. And I say to go back inside. Now. If you don't I refuse to let you leave the house except to go to school until you go to college, assuming that you get in with this behavior," he says. I might the inside of my cheeks to keep myself from doing something I don't want to do. I still to. I stand up and begin to walk, well limp, backwards, towards the road.

"You can't control me for forever, dad! I need things. Like friends and a social life. You can't keep me in my bedroom, locked away, for forever!" I scream. I can feel tears streaming down my face but the warmth on my face from the anger is the true emotion that I wish to show.

"Beatrice Prior! I demand you apologize right now!" he demands. I laugh. This is pathetic. He can demand me to do things but I will refuse.

"You know, dad? I don't have to! I turn 18 in a couple of months and I could leave. I could leave here and never look back. But, you know what? I'm not. I'll be here for the rest of my life and my life is going to turn around here. I'm leaving with my friends. You don't have to like it but you do have to deal with it. I'll see you tomorrow," I say. I run to Zeke's truck before he can say anything else.

I feel so many emotions. Anger and passion and fire bubble out of me. I get in the truck and sit in the backseat. All of the jaws in the truck are dropped to the floor.

"So, um, are we going to go before my dad goes in and gets all of his friends to attack us or not?" I ask. I look over at Christina and she smiles, then wraps me in a tight hug. Zeke and Tobias sit in the front seat. Zeke grins and Tobias just stares at me. They turn around and Zeke pulls out. We drive to Tobias's apartment in silence.

§§§

We walk into in his apartment and are swarmed with questions and hugs. I get some ice from the freezer and limp to his couch. I answer everyone's questions and I explain the last week in detail. When everyone settles down, we cut on a movie. I don't really pay attention to it. I just think about how great it feels to be with my friends and how good it is to be snuggled into Tobias's side.

§§§

I wake up wrapped in strong arms. I lay under the sheets of the bed of a strange room. I look around and realize that I'm in Tobias's room. I try to get up silently but my bracelet gets caught on a string hanging off the edge of the sheets. I pull my arm but I pull the sheets off of the bed. I pull jump and smack Tobias in the face.

He jumps and falls out of the bed. Then, he starts to swat around like a ninja. I begin laughing and he notices me for the first time. He jumps on the bed next to me and makes me bounce up.

"Good morning, beautiful," he says. I laugh.

"If I'm the beauty, then you must be the beast," I say. He makes a fake look of hurt and it makes me giggle. I lean over to give him a peck on the cheek. He turns his face quickly and I land on his lips. The kiss quickens quickly.

He puts his hands on my waist, sliding me closer to him. I put my arms around his neck. I'm sitting in his lap when there is a knock on the door.

"Is everything P.G. in there?" I hear Uriah yell. It causes me to giggle and I hop up to open the door.

"Good morning, Uriah," I say. I walk past him into the small hallway. I walk into the living room and see everyone sitting on the couch.

"You know, Tris. The walls in these apartments are kind of thin," Christina says. I look at her confused, but then I realize what she is talking about. My eyes grow larger and everyone laughs at me. I soon join the laughter, though. So, this is how my day will begin.

I really hope you all enjoy this chapter! I kind of ran out of ideas but I did know that I wanted a little bit of romance... Please comment and leave ideas! Thanks! Weekend starts tomorrow afternoon! Yay!

Disclaimer: I am not Veronica Roth so I don't own Divergent.