Chapter 38

Tris P.O.V.

"So, you're really going to try to sneak out tonight?" Christina asks me as we look through clothes at the mall. Tomorrow is my birthday but friends want to celebrate tonight since it's Saturday.

"Yeah. I could always use practice for senior ditch day," I say. My dad is having a dinner party with people from work and wants Caleb and I to stay. They would never notice if I disappeared, though.

"Okay, but you know that we all will have perfect excuses for that, though, Right?" Christina asks. I nod.

"Yes, but we're travelling to a different state. What happens if there is an emergency and they need me?" I ask.

"I don't know. Try this on," Christina says before shoving a dress in my face. It's red and looks like it would go down to just above my knees. It also has tons of sparkles and long sleeves.

"Christina, I would never wear that," I state. She rolls her eyes. I know there is no use in arguing about it, though. She will still make me try it on.

"Tris, please. I bet a certain guy who's name is a number would love to see you in that," she says. She winks and I can feel the heat rising in my cheeks. To hide it, I grab the dress and walk away but I still hear her say, "I saw that."

I walk into a dressing room and zip the dress up. I look kind of pretty. It's not me, though. I walk out and Christina squeals.

"That is perfect, Tris!" She says with excitement masking her voice.

"Perfect for what?" I ask. I'm confused about what she is talking about. Tonight we're just going to go see a movie and get dinner.

"Duh! For Vegas," Christina says. I laugh.

"Yeah, I'm sure this will come in handy. Or at least picking up guys who isn't my boyfriend," I state. Christina laughs.

"And that is perfect for making him jealous," she says like it's obvious. I laugh at her statement.

"Fine, I'll get it," I say before returning to the dressing room to take it off.

I hope you enjoyed this chapter. This was the only one I wrote while we were going down the road. I'll try to update today but I'm going to Dollywood today so...

Disclaimer: I do not own Divergent. But, Veronica Roth does.