Chapter 62

Tris P.O.V.
(This is like in June even though the last chapter was in April)

I ate a few books out of my locker and rest them on my sides. I glance down at my stomach to make sure that the baby bump that is beginning to form down peek out from under my sweatshirt. I'm just over three months pregnant but I'm already showing since I'm so small. Christina comes sprinting down the hall with a a paper in her hand causing several people to almost fall.

"Tris! Prom is in two weeks and they just announced the theme!" she says as she gets to my locker. I look at the paper she has in her hands. A palace is surrounded by clouds is at the bottom of the page.

"A castle in the clouds?" I ask after reading the bold print at the top of the page. She gives me a pouty face.

"No fair, you read the titles," she pouts. "But we have to go dress shopping together!" she exclaims with her normal perkiness. I swear this girl can never stay upset.

"Christina, I don't know if I should go," I say.

"Tris, you have to go! It's senior prom!" she exclaims. I glance around us.

"Christina, I don't know if that is the best idea. I don't want the dress showing anything. And it is bound to happen," I state, hoping she gets the idea. She crinkles up her eyebrows and states at me.

"What would a prom dre-" she starts. Then her eyes grow larger with recognition. "Oh. Oh. I'm sure we can find something that won't show anything," she says.

"Christina, I don't know," I say as I close my locker. I start walking down the hall and she walks next to me.

"Tris, at least come shopping," she begs. I laugh.

"Well, even though neither of us have been asked, I guess I can come," I reply.

                                                                      §§§

"This one is cute," Christina says as she picks up a lime green dress. She holds it up and shakes her head. "Not me."

"What stores sell clothes for pregnant women?" I ask. I flip through dresses, nothing really standing out to me. She shrugs and adds a purple dress to the rainbow stack.

"I don't know. Do you want to look for a store that sells it after we find dresses?" she asks. I nod and pick out three dresses. Christina tries on her dresses, making sure to spin around in each of them. She ends up picking a lavender dress with rhinestones through the bust.

Then it is my turn, I try on a blue dress that hangs wrong on me. Next, I try on a mint dress that is too tight. Finally, I try on a pink and gray dress. It's strapless and the bust is gray with a pink strip going across it. The skirt is a mixture of gray and pink. The dress fits me perfectly. This is the perfect dress for me.

After buying our dresses and finding the perfect shoes and jewelry, we search the mall for stores for pregnant women. We're careful not to be seen by anyone we know but it is a challenge since it is next to American Eagle. We still manage to get out without being seen, though.
The last paragraph seems kind of random but it will make more sense in a couple of chapters. I have pictures of the dresses but I don't plan on posting those until the prom chapter. Please comment and vote!

Disclaimer: Veronica Roth owns Divergent, not me.