Chapter 49: Super Spy

Start from the beginning

Lain sighed, "you weren't suppose to hear that conversation baby, I don't want you involved in it any more than you do."

"But I want to be there, I need to, this is my battle. I should be at the hearing with you guys to plead our case. After all it's my parents were going against," She was determined in her mind already.

"That is a very brave thing of you to want Kaila, but I just don't want you getting hurt. We've already got our witnesses and testimonies ready to present against your parents. But as far as you are concerned leave this to us, Mallix has a friend who's one of the top lawyers in the nation. We're going to be just fine with the team we have already. And since you were being such a sneaky girl, eavesdropping on our conversation then you already know you'll be spending that afternoon with Nina." Lain brushed a stray hair out of Kaila's face.

"But..." Kaila started only to be shushed quickly by Lain with a finger to the mouth.

"No buts, the decision is final. Daddy and I are going to go and handle adult business while you and Aunt Nina have fun together." she spoke with full authority in her voice leaving no more room for any arguments.

But that didn't mean Kaila wasn't upset over the situation. She crossed her arms huffing and puffing, getting off Lain's lap and began to walk out of the nursery. She was quickly stopped in her track when she felt a sharp pain shoot in her bottom. "Knock the attitude off before I give you more than just one slap," she growled lowly making Kaila's whole body stiffen. This was new.

She uncrossed her arms whaling to herself as she ran to the next door into the toy room slamming the door shut. She felt the same rush she did when she first found herself waking up in this home trapping herself in here.

Only this time Kaila ran to the center of the room where a clear patch from the all toys was and curled up crying.

What she didn't know was Lain was standing right outside the door listening. It was breaking her heart to hear Kaila with every tear that fell. It wasn't long for her little ones cries to echo throughout the house and Mallix and Nina ushered up to the top floor.

"What happened?" Nina asked concerned.

"She heard about the hearing and wants to be there for it." Mallix's eyes shot open putting his hands to his nose bridge pinching it. He composed himself taking deep breaths.

"She isn't going, we made that much clear when we were planning it all out. She's going to be fine babe," Mallix reached his hand out to his distressed wife. She felt guilty accepting his offer as he pulled her close hugging her tightly.

"You guys go, let me have a little chat with her," Nina stepped up as the couple ushered away to their room.

There in the hall she stood alone hyping herself up while circling her shoulders and head, stretching her arms before finding the courage to knock on the door.

"Go away!" Kaila shouted from the other side. Her cracked voice was giving away just how sad and angry she felt.

Taking a breathe Nina twisted the handle and saw the poor thing now huddled into a corner. She looked at the sad girl sympathetically as she closer the door and sat across from Kaila taking her tiny hands in her own.

"Stop crying darling. Your making me sad just looking at you." She tried playing with Kaila's arms so they danced around causing a small giggle to emerge.

"Look at that pretty smile, much better." Nina snatched the small girl beginning to tickle her all over getting even more laughs. "S'op Aunty! Tick'es!" Rolling her eyes playfully Nina stopped letting Kaila breathe, "you have an adorable laugh. But there's plenty more where that came from if you come and hang with me the day your mommy and daddy have their meeting."

"But I want to help. It's my fault they have to do the stupid thing anyways!" She began working herself up again.

'I swear this girl and her jumping from headspaces.' Nina chuckled internally watching the light switch in Kaila flip.

"You should be more careful with what you say. You are lucky I'm not your mommy or daddy. They wouldn't be too pleased with your language right now." She warned Kaila. "I know you think this is your fault but it's not. Quite frankly they had this coming sooner or later, it was their decision to take you the way they did. And now we've got to let them deal with the consequences of their actions. But enough with the boring grown up talk, you and me are going to have so much fun together, I already have a whole list of things we're going to do." Nina had the brightest and pleading of smiles across her face by the end.

Kaila pouted briefly before accepting the offer Nina had. It wasn't hard to tell that despite only just meeting the new beauty, Kaila could tell how much she genuinely cared about her. It wasn't the same type as love Lain and Mallix showed her, but it was still love.
———————————————————————————
Let me know what you think. Thanks Lexx signing off