chapter 25

As Ariella watched the rain pour down the window she couldnt help but feel like something was wrong. Her head turned to see Callum sound asleep on the bed. An uneasy feeling in her stomach woke her up from her restless sleep. Lightning flashed interrupting her peace. She was about to head to bed when she caught a glimpse of a shodow near the woods. Her heart skipped a beat as the shadow stood still. She blinked and it was gone. She put her hand on her forehead creasing it and thought her mind was playing treaks on her. As she walkied towareds the bed and slipped back in she let her mind wander off to the events of last night. Her cheeks flushed as the memories came back. She placed her hand to his cheek trailing down to his chin. She snuggled in with him feeling safe in his arms for the night.

Ariella POV

The crack of lightning made my eyes open wide and my body stiffen. I looked for the comfort of Callum. My hands were met with sheets. I looked asided to see he was gone. I slowlly got out of bed but a howl broke out into the air. My body stood still in place not moving. Seconds passed by as i moved my body toward the door. Just as my hands clasped around the door knob growl echoched through the air.
My hand stayed still on the door, suddenly the door knob turned by itself. I stood still as the door started opening. My eyes met with a face I didn't recognize.

"Well, well, well, if it isn't Ariella. I've been waiting for this moment for a long damn time."

Before I had time to run. His hand wrapped around my body bringing me towards him. My instincts woke up as I fought against him before I could let out a scream his big hand pressed harshly down on my mouth. He pulled me roughly down the stairs as my side hit the wall beside me. pain shot through my body as I tried to bite his hand. As we reached the bottom of the stairs I was met with blood covered bodies on the floor I let out a scream but it was muffled by his hand. Tears fell from my eyes as I shut them close. As I opened my eyes again I was met with his fist. my vision stared clouding until I blacked out.

My vision started coming back slowly until everything became still. I looked down to see that I was moving. I looked up to be in the arms o the unknown man. I punched him on the jaw when he least expected it. he dropped me as I moved away from him. my hand ached from the punch "where's Callum?" I yelled my eyes searching for answers. he slowly gazed up at me as his eyes met mine.

" he's dead."