Chapter 16

"We can hide things away. But we can't forget."

Callum watched the fall and the rise of Ariella's chest while she was asleep. It was early morning the sun hadn't rose yet. Thinking about last night he knew he felt her finger streaking his face. He was never asleep. He always kept his guard up. Never let it down. but for some insanely reason he felt the need of keeping Ariella safe. He didn't understand all these emotions he had been feeling lately. It was confusing him deeply. He felt her stir in her sleep. He looked down and admired her. He didn't know why he kept her or why every time he had hurt her he felt anger with himself and disappointment.

He let himself get up even though the thought of leaving Ariella's side didn't seem pleasant to him. As he walked out of his house he saw the sun barley rising on the horizon. As he ordered the others to do their patrols around his land. He morphed into his wolf and let it run till it was satisfied. He was making his way back when he felt a someone behind him. He turned around to be met with nobody the only thing that was their was a neatly folded paper. He picked it up and began to read the neatly cursive writing

Callum,

Long time no see old friend. How you been? I've seen that you been preoccupied with the girl your holding in your land. She's lovely isn't she? If I where you I would take good care of her.

He read the note over and over until his mind comprehend. He already knew who it was for sure. He ripped the paper into sheds and threw it to the ground.

He sent a mind link message to his pack warriors to find anything out of place. As he made his way back to his room he stopped at the sight of Ariella in his bed. He felt his wolf inch forward to her. The anger in him subsided down as he inched closer to her. His wolf was really clear in his mind. He wanted her. He wanted to know that she was his....only his. He wanted to....mark her.

The more he tried to go against it the more he craved her.

It would be a matter of time until he'll get what he wants but he didn't know it would be sooner than he expected.

************************************