Chapter 8

"Let the rain wash away all the pain of yesterday."

Callum stood there aggravated that the ass of the mayor wouldn't make up his mind. "So for in return of my lands you promise not to attack my city or reveal yourself." He said visually shaking from the presences of Callum. "you forgot one thing." Callum said running his hand thorough his dark hair. "I want the girl to be part of this arrangement. If the girl stays with me it'll stop me from killing you right now. Either way if you refuse i'll still have her anyway. " He finished off saying. The mayor knew not to refuse over his offer. "I agree." He said.

And with that they sealed the arrangement of Callum keeping Ariella forever.

Ariella's POV

I woke up to the sound of lightning. The sky's were filled with dark clouds. I moved my body to a sitting position but pain filled my head. I brought my hand to my head and ran it across my hair. I tried to remember the past events but my headache got worse so I dropped it.

A knock interrupted my thoughts. Slowly came in a middle aged women. She looked at me and her face was filled with pity. She walked towards me until she stopped at the edge of the bed. I could see her clearly now. She had wrinkles on her face from frowning down at me and had a few scars running down her arms. "I'm here to help you get cleaned up." She said and without warning she gripped my arm and walked towards the bathroom. Once we were in she turned on the water to the shower. "When your done come out i'll be waiting for you outside." She said again. Her facial expressions never changed.

Once she was out. I slowly stepped in the shower. Water dripped through my body. My muscles relaxed under the warm water. I cleaned my hair and body till it smelled fresh. I wished I could stay longer but I didn't want to keep the lady waiting. When I stepped out of the bathroom she gave me clothes to put on. The clothes consisted in a plain white sweater and leggings. When I was dressed she brushed my hair until all the tangles were out. She got up and walked to the door and closed it. "I'm only going to say this once so listen, you will not make it through alive if you stay her. I recommend you leaving today in the middle in the night when there going to do a killing." She said, looking at me. "what do you mean killing?" I asked. Her frown only deepened more. "there going to kill one of the prisoners tonight." she responded. "i'll come and get you out of here so be ready when I come." And with that she left the room.Why would she want to help me? Or what did she mean that I wouldn't last long? It didn't matter I was going to get out of here and that's something worth fighting for.

It didn't matter that she was scared. She was going to escape away from him. She was going to be free and forget everything that happens the last couple of days and move on.

Only did she not know that she was terribly wrong.