Chapter 18

"The pain might fade but the scars will remain."

As I watched the unknown man take a step closer. David pushed me out of the way and stood up taking a protective stance."who are you?And what the hell do you think your doing?" David said while pushing me towards the front door. The man took another step and laughed. " Im here took collect what my master wants." he said in a low voice while slowly turning his head towards me and giving me a long stare. Goosebumps formed on my skin and a chill went down my skin.

I held into David's shirt with a strong grip. I was scared of the man before me of what he could do and his intentions. As he started walking towards us David opened the door swiftly and pushed me out. "run now! he yelled. as he ran towards the man and pushed him roughly to the ground. I knew that was my cue to run but I couldn't do it. I didn't have the strength to leave David by himself fighting someone twice his size.

The man suddenly pushed David to the floor with a loud smack that broke the wood. I looked over to David to see him unmoving and with a gash on his head that was bleeding.

I ran towards David unmoving body that was laying on the floor. "David wake up." I shook him. But he didn't move. Tears suddenly formed in my eyes and fell down my face landing on his cheek. " Please." I sobbed while trying to wipe the blood on his face. "Please.......say something. You can't leave me. You promised me that you would never leave me. Just please wake up."

He suddenly groaned painfully and I looked up to see him. His eyes started getting watery. He pulled his hand up to wipe my tears " It's going to be ok. I'm sorry." he whispered and then his eyes rolled back and he dropped his hand from my cheek. " No, please David come back." I yelled trying to get him to wake up. My efforts where suddenly put to a stop when someone grabbed me by me leg and started dragging me away from David. I screamed for them to let me go but it was no use.

A sudden pain erupted on my leg I looked up to see the man who attacked us.With claws on his hands? This couldn't be happening. This wasn't real. He applied more pressure on my leg and dragged me outside into the the woods . I screamed and tried to get out of his hold but it was impossible.

I grabbed into anything that was on my way but I didn't have the strength to hold him off. I knew he got tired of me screaming because he applied pressure on my leg. He turned me around on my back and took his claws and slowly scrapped them on my stomach. He did it over and over again till I stopped screaming from the painful agony he was putting me in.

Everything started to get blurry I didn't know where we going. I just wanted the pain inside and outside to go away. Thinking about David made my heart clench in pain.

My thoughts came to a stop when I was roughly pushed to the side. I gave all my strength to look up to see what was happening. Two blurry figures where fighting off each other. One of them succeeded to rip the other's throat out. I looked away from the body. The tall person came waking towards me while I tried to move away.

I suddenly whimpered when a hand went over my stomach. " Oh darling don't worry it's going to be ok . " said a voice I recognized. " Andrew?" I whispered "shhh darling just close your eyes.Its going to be alright." he said while pulling me up into a bridal position. " Everything is going to be alright." said the fading voice again.

And then everything went black.

************************************

Do you guys remember Andrew from chapters four. Ariella's "cell buddy" ;)