Chapter 2

"Sometimes the things we can't change end up changing us."

When David showed me the guest room and I settled in we decided to go look around town. He showed me all the new projects that his dad is working on and the things he had accomplished in town.

We were going back home when he took a sharp turn into a lonely road. "Where are we going?" I asked

"I want to show you something."

He drove for a few minutes until he stopped and shut down the car.

"Welcome to black mountain Forrest " the sign said. I looked up to him with a confused look. "why are we here David?" it was already getting late. The sun was about to set.

He lead me inside the Forrest through the thick trees. I knew without his help I would have already gotten lost in here. we walked for a few minutes until we made it to a clearing with a lake.

"Why did you take me here?" I asked looking up to him.

" This is where our land divides. This lake divides our side to the guy who owns the others side of the woods."

"Why does he have a lot of land and why does he want more?" I asked wishing he would tell me the truth this time.

And again he whispered that he didn't know. " I wanted to show you the sunset just in case we won't be able to see it anymore from this part ."

I looked over the lake where the sun was shining many different colors. Wow he was right it was like anything I never ever seen before.

We stayed there until the sun was already gone we where making our way back when we heard a twig crack. "What was that?" I looked over at David. He looked around for a few seconds until he looked down at me.

"I want you to stay here ok i'll be right back just stay put." he said with a serious tone.

"What's going on David ?" I asked " And don't lie to me because I know you were lying the past times I asked."

"Just don't worry about it just stay here." he said and left me in the middle of the woods.

It was a few minutes that passed but it felt like forever. Thats when I heard footsteps coming towards me. "David is that you.....its not funny if your playing a joke."

It was to dark too dark for my liking the full moon was out above the sky.

I jumped when I felt a hand grabbing onto my shoulder.

I turned around and looked into David's wide brown fearful eyes

" I want you to run ok I want you to go straight ahead ok.

"What do mean? why are you not coming with me?"

"Stop asking questions and I want you to get out of here as fast as you can, when you get to the car I want you to drive back home." he said while giving me his keys. "Go Ari" he said while pushing me forward.

I ran like he said until I got pushed to the ground. I looked up and saw a very big man with a sadistic grin on his face.

"Well look what I found." he said while his eyes grazing down my body. "I think the alpha will like what I found for him......to bad I can't keep you myself ." he said while pulling me up and taking deeper into the woods.

I kicked and screamed the whole time he kept dragging me. "shut up." he yelled and slapped me in the face. the slap made my eyes roll back for a few seconds but I gained back cautiousness .

My face stung and I cried weakly because it felt like being hit by a large rock.

"Look David I found your little girlfriend.......isn't she a pretty little thing. " The unknown man said.

" Look Caleb just leave her alone she has nothing to do with this." I heard David's pleading voice.

"It's a shame she has to be dragged into this mess. Alpha Callum has tried to communicate with your dad but your dad refuses the agreement he gives. So he told me to look for something that he won't say no to and I think I found it. " Caleb's voice said .

I noticed there were a couple of more men with him holding David down.

"Come on let's see what the alpha will want to do with you." He laughed while grabbing me and throwing me over his shoulder.

For now on I knew this was something that would change my life forever.