Workaholic part 2

Gold didn't know exactly when he fell.

Was it during their first encounter..?

No.

As romantic as love at first sight was, Gold had never been the type to settle so easily. He knew better than to judge from just appearance. He'd made the mistake too many times to count. Though, the new dexholder was pretty.

Was it the fight against Lugia..?

The breeder had to admit, it was pretty cool when she had caught all those pokemon. But he wasn't the one to fall for just skill and looks either. Hell, if he did he'd be head over heels for one of his seniors by now.

No...

It was that time, wasn't it?

He vaguely remembered bright rays warming his face, far off laughter barely brushing his ears. He remembered letting his hands flit through the cool grass, the blades tickling his sweaty palms. Bright golden eyes drifted up to study the green canopy as a result of boredom, the leaves whistling from the Johto breeze. The sky was a bright blue that day, a shade that could never be replicated.

But most importantly, he remembered a breathtaking smile. Perfect lips curling into a serene crescent, eyes sparkling like jewels under the sun. Soft blue hair lazily curling from side to side as a sudden gust filtered through.

He recalled laughing, his voice quickly stolen away by the breeze. He had made some teasing comment, he was sure of that but for the life of him couldn't recall what it was. What he remembered was that it made her laugh, a melodic tune that he wished would never end.

It was a warm memory, probably unsignificant to her but meant the world to him.

What the 7th dexholder fell for wasn't looks, influence or even skills.

It was warmth.

-------------------------

A shock of cold zapped through his body, Gold choking on the strange sensation. His numb hands drifted up to his chest, clutching at his damp sweater.

Where was he?

The breeder pushed himself off the icy rock, his body screaming in complaint. Each breath felt like daggers peircing at his lungs, frost spreading through his veins. The shivering teen coughed as his arms gave out under the staggering weight of his own body.

A sickening crack echoed off the dim cavern walls as the teen crashed into the ground. Vibrant eyes slowly dulled as Gold tried to curl up and preserve some of his remaining warmth. Where was Typhlosion? The breeder coughed again, a dawdling trickle of red making its way to the floor.

Where was anybody?

The trouble maker of new bark town had survived worse, hell, he was pretty sure he created worse. Fueled by the thought, shaky hands clutched tighter at the nearly frozen fabric. It burned aginst his skin. As quick as the thought came, it vanished. A dense fog muddying his head. The mist pooled into Gold's mind, masking any coherent strategies there may have been. His eyelids felt unnaturally heavy, the weight only increasing as seconds or were they hours ticked past. The breeder could swear that the dark cave was getting brighter. A comforting light basking his body in warmth.

People say when you die, your life flashes before your eyes. Warm memories crowding your concious. Almost as if to comfort you, lull you into a nice sleep.

All Gold could see were his regrets.

He should've tried harder

It's my fault

He should've strived for more

Im dying

He shouldn't have argued with Silver so much

The asshole deserved it

He shouldn't have held back his comrades

I was only a burden

He should've saved her
Oh, for the love of Arceus, he should've at least saved the love of his life

I can't go, not like this

Im can't die

I won't die

I have to save Crys

Golds eyes snapped open, the biting cold returning full force. His lungs threatened to burst from the sudden gulp of stabbing chill. I have to do this. The breeder shoved at the ground with all his strength and let out a heart-wrenching cry. His outburst echoed through the large space, amplified by the never ending cave systems looping through Mt.Silver.

He was gonna make it.

He was going to do this

SSG needed help.

And plus, there was no way he was going to die fully knowing what would happen to his TV.

Golds vision blurred as he struggled to maintain his status of off the ground. If he was going to die, he was going to die standing. Slowly lifting himself from crawling position, the golden-eyed teen winced from the cracking of his joints and the creaking of his frozen clothes. That really didn't sound good.

His muscles screamed in protest as Gold got to his feet. He had lost feeling in his toes a long time ago. Attempting to take a step forward, a jolt of pain blasted through his numb body. Frozen tears clung to the dexholders eyelashes as he tried to take another step.

With a fuzzy thought, the shivering teen realized his breath no longer clouded the cold air, the remaining heat already having drifted out of him. His brain fogged over in an instant as the next wave of torture thundered through him. Wincing, the trainer braced himself for the next step.

He could make thi-

The teen's foot caught on a small pebble, a feeling of weightlessness flooding his body

That is, before being caught by a pair of burning hot hands.

"I found him! Hes over here!"

"O-oh my Arceus, Gold."

"SOMEONE GET SOME BLANKETS QUICK!"

A hot inferno ingulfed the breeder, his conciousness already drifting off. Blurry figures crowded his vision as his arms and legs were effortlessly lifted by two strong arms.

"Be careful, don't jostle him Red!"

"Im not!"

Far off bickering reached Gold through a water veil, the voices warped and distorted. A familiar cold voice broke through for just a second, just the sound enough to irk the dying dexholder. "Dammit you stupidly predictable idiot, what'd your sorry ass get itself into this time!?"

"S-Silver?"

"Of course dumbass!"

Golds voice set fire to his throat, his next words coming out choked and hoarse "I-If I die, you can't watch P-Pro Team Omega-" he coughed "-on my t-TV"

A period of silence followed what Gold thought to be a perfect reasonable comment.

"...Oh my Arceus, he's gone insane"

"Oh, he'll be just fine."

---------------------------------------

Oh no, what happened to Crystal??? (I didn't even end up including her oof).

Sorry for the horrible waiting time, this has actually been sitting in my drafts for about two weeks (I was bored, ty Corona) and I was planning to add more but then never did...

As for Storyjumpers, I actually did start writing the next chapter (like two months ago lol) but then never finished it..? Im a terrible writer Ik.

On an ending note, hope you all are safe in quarantine! Wash your hands!