Alola New Years

*I havent actually read the new sun and moon chapters yet so I'm sorry for any errors.*

For: VelvetColors

A small smile fluttered across Moon's face as she hung decorations on the mantle. She could hear the faint screeching from the kitchen. Most likely Sun first laying eyes on the bill for this year's New Year's party.

She would have to deal with that nonsense later.

The pharmacist hummed as she set a large 2020 banner over the main hallway, a welcoming of some sort. Their seniors were visiting and everything had to be immaculate. The mixer (that's legit her title lmao) had only met senior Red and Green once before, leaving her flushed with excitement to finally greet her other seniors.

A slight frown graced the archer's features as her thoughts drifted to Ms. Berlitz. With much regret, she had told Moon she couldn't make it earlier that week. Along with her two companions, Diamond and Pearl. Moon paused in her activity, cocking her head to the side. That was their names. Wasn't it?

Something urgent had happened within Sinnoh, leaving the pharmacist antsy with worry. Miss couldn't explain the details in the short time they had, only mentioning the breeder (Gold, if Moon remembered correctly), might be absent as well.

With a sigh tinged with dissapointment, the mixer jammed the Christmas decorations away. Replacing them with sparkling 2020's.

All the decorations had 2020 carved, stamped and even baked into them. Holding up a plate emblazed with the number, Moon really pondered why they had bought so many.

Maybe Sun was right to say they should've cut the budget.

"Coming through!"

Moon barely had time to tumble out of the way as Mallow came running, her hands heaped with dishes. Sun followed closely behind, grumbling about why HE had to contribute a quarter of the money.

The mixer rolled her eyes. She had to contribute half.

Sun's pout slowly widened into a smile as he noticed the table set and the room fully decorated. "You did good here!"

Mallow grinned, her hands resting on her hips. "Now all we need are the guests-"

An echoing boom shook Moon to her core, her ears ringing in protest. A too cheerful ring alerted her to the guests being outside.

That didn't take long.

Moon cautiously opened the door, only to be met with a dozen expectant (and hungry) looking gazes. The poor dexholder's eyes barely had time to absorb all the new faces before being crushed by the nearest girl's hug.

The pretty brunette smiled at her, the girl's electric blue eyes lighting up. "Oh, you must be Moon! So good to meet another junior!" The mixer gave a muffled response.

"Leave her alone pesky woman!"

"Don't talk to my sister that way."

"Im TELLING you Sapphire, I should've brought an extra comb! And my portable washing machine!"

"Shut up prissy!"

"Flirting."

Sun blinked as he peered over Moon's shoulder, his eyes growing wide. "We should've really made more food."

Moon nodded in agreement through the suffocating embrace of who she assumed to be senior Blue.

~×☆2020☆×~