At 5, WHY!? (Franticshipping)

This is a franticshipping story requested by paultiteuf360.

Enjoy!

_______________________

Sapphire rubbed her eyes and yawned. She glared out her bedside window and observed the scene. Stars twinkled in the night sky as a soft wind blew through the tree's. The grass of Little Root Town rustled softly, pokemon scurrying through them.

It was nightime in Hoenn.

The alarm clock beside the girl's bed caught her eye. "5 am" She muttered. So not that much of nightime at all.

Heaving herself off of her warm and fluffy blanket, Sapphire stumbled toward her closet.

"I probably should get dressed" the dexholder thought wearily. Pulling open the closet was one of the most tiring things Sapphire had ever done, especially with her pillow taunting her from the bed.

But she managed.

Barely.

Sapphire stuck her hand in the pitch black abyss behind her closet door. Her fingers crawled around, sorting through piles of unseen cloth and denim.

"Ah ha!" The wild child cheered as her hand met the familiar fabric of her favourite outfit. All her exhaustion vanished.

She tugged.

The cloth didn't budge.

Sapphire bared her fangs and growled in fustration.

She tried again.

It still didn't budge.

Roaring at the top of her lungs, the dexholder pulled with all her might. A bundle of clothes rocketed across the room, smashing into the wall with a satisfying thud.

Wait, thud?

Curious, Sapphire approached the shadowed mound on the other side of the room. She circled the peculier pile on all fours, observing the little bundle with keen observation.

A loud groan shattered the silence of the night.

Sapphire yelped and jumped backwards, smashing her head against the light switch. The lights flickered on as the bouncy haired girl's heart quickened, beating at the speed of a quick attack.

The bundle moved and shifted, a high pitched groaning sound echoeing from the middle of it.

Sapphire screamed. "IT'SA GHOST!!!!!!" She scrambled to the opposite side of the room, her fingers grasping for her pokeballs in her drawer.

"A ghost?" A terrified, little voice squeaked. The possessed pile of clothes exploded. Sapphire's belongings richoeted in every direction, a sock hitting her face with a slap.

Sapphire screamed once again, hugging the wall for safety. A shiver ran up her spine as a vise gripped around her waist.

Wait, a warm vise.

She sniffed the air with caution, the warm circle clutching at her tightening. She recognized that smell. She sniffed again. It smelled of floral detergent mixed with a hint of mint.

She knew that scent, hell, she smelled that scent everyday!

Carefully, Sapphire peeled the sock off her eyes and looked down. Clutching at her waist was a small boy around five, black hair hidden under a white cap with a familiar red and black sweater.

The little boy looked up, his big ruby eyes filled with terror. "W-wheres the ghost?" He cried. Recognition dawned his small face. "S-Sapphire!?" He yelped.