“Your old boss, right? He said you were dangerous… A-And I was in L.A, so he asked if I’ get rid of…. Well, you.” He said and I closed my eyes, feeling like I was about to cry.

“How could he…?” I whispered.

“Look, I didn’t-“ Before he could say another word, I shot him straight in the skull, ending his pain and misery.

“Wow.” Jay said from behind me. “Brutal.” I sighed and let go of the guy’s head and let the gun tumble to the floor.

“Rocky…” I whispered, trying to get my head around why he’d sent someone to kill me.

“We need to get rid of his body Skai, someone’s going to find us.” Jay warned and I nodded, reaching into the guy’s jacket. After searching in both his pockets I found an iPhone.

“You take the body to the villa, we’ll decide what to do with it from there.” I said to him, standing up.

“What are you going to do whilst I’m gone?” He asked.

“Make a call.” I sighed and he nodded, picking up the body and throwing it over his shoulder. In a second he’d disappeared and I went onto the phone, calling the last person in the call log; Rocky.

“Is it done?” He asked as he answered and I let out a laugh.

“Is that the best you can do?” I quipped and the line went silent. After a few seconds I heard him sigh heavily.

“Skai, I just-“

“Save it Rocky. When I next see you, which will be very soon now, I’m going to kill you and there’s nothing you can do about it.”

“Isn’t there now?” He asked and I could see the smirk on his face.

“I’ve got some special friends with some very special talents Rocky, if I were you, I’d start running.” And with that, I ended the call. I held the phone in my hand for a moment and thought about everything that had happened, what this meant for me.

It meant I would probably have to go on the run unless I really wanted to kill Rocky. It meant he’d gotten over the fact that I wasn’t part of his team any more. It meant that he didn’t care.

“Skai?” I heard a whisper in my ear, recognising it as Jay’s.

“Hey.” I whispered, turning around to pull him into a hug. He was obviously taken by surprise but he hugged me back anyway and I could hear him breathing in my scent.

“You okay?” He asked into my shoulder and I nodded back, not willing myself to speak in case I cried.

“Can you do me a favour?” I asked.

“Anything.” He smiled.

“Crush this?” I asked, holding up the iPhone from the guy’s pocket. Jay let a genuine smile spread across his face and he nodded, taking the phone in his hand. He didn’t seem to do anything but I heard the crunch, indicating that it was now in hundreds of pieces.

“Done.” He whispered, sprinkling them on the floor beside him. “Let’s get out of here.” He added, pulling me towards him and onto his back in one speedy movement.

“Sounds good.” I whispered into his shoulder.

“You know what to do?” He asked.

“Are you a vampire?” I quipped and he smirked as I held my breath and buried my face into his shoulder blades.

“Wanna watch a movie?” He asked as we walked into the sitting room.

“Yeah actually, I really wanna’ watch Twilight.” I said and a grin spread across his face.