0021

CHAPTER TWENTYONE

『CHAPTER TWENTYONE』

I was made to be wild, wicked and free

I was made to be wild, wicked and free. To carve out my own destiny, to find a place in this world where I can be the most authentic version of me.

Liberation.

Liberation is what Jennie was feeling right now. Invisible chains that held her down for most of her life unraveled-chains she had no clue were there to begin with. Everything felt different. She felt different. The ground beneath her feet felt refreshing. The wind blowing through her hair brought chills through her entire being. Mint leaf bushes located miles away filled her nostrils. Every single sense was heightened beyond belief.

The wolf inside of her had taken over so long ago, selfish and not in any rush to let Jennie take back over. She just kept running and running and sometimes trotting but she never stopped.

"How long do you think we can keep this up for?" Hoseok whispered out of breath as three of them followed behind Jennie carefu to keep their distance. "Newly turned wolves only last a few hours but we're hitting the fourteen hour mark," he whispered glancing towards the leather strapped watch on his wrist.

"She'll get tired of eventually." Namjoon speaks matter of factually. "Remember even though Jennie is a werewolf she is also a witch. Things might operate differently for her and we won't know till she turns back."

"I'm tired and I'm hungry and if I pass out just go on without me." Hoseok spoke dramatically, his steps getting more sluggish by the second.

"Drama Queen." Lisa rolls her eyes, holding back a chuckle. "Also, I've never seen a wolf with a fully white coat. Have any of you?"

The fur covering Jennie's wolf surprised them at first. It resembled snow. Pretty, untouched and chilling. They'd seen many werewolves in their life but never a werewolf with a snowy coat.

Both Namjoon and Hoseok shake their heads, answering Lisa's question. More time passed and they trailed along for another hour or so. Eventually Jennie's wolf suddenly came to a stop.